Mac Client

adkay

I have a 128 SSD drive on it, cannot afford bootcamp. Windows 7 takes up like 30+GB after updates

Bootcamp is as close as you're gonna get.

Everyone knows that PC's get the game first then maybe, JUST maybe a Mac one comes out years later.

Being someone who plays this game on bootcamp, I would absolutely LOVE a mac client.

I play a lot of games on XP bootcamp, but the games I can play on OSX just play sooo much better and look a lot better too.

Edited by tobyxero

Being someone who plays this game on bootcamp, I would absolutely LOVE a mac client.

I play a lot of games on XP bootcamp, but the games I can play on OSX just play sooo much better and look a lot better too.

I'm using bootcamp on my parents Mac. Visiting for the Christmas break. It works great just like my gaming PC. Only problem I experienced is it wouldn't patch properly (would keep looping). Just installed the game on a laptop and patched it, then dragged all the files over to the Mac. Now it patches properly.

Edited by Jaick

To get a bit realistic here.

BioWare wanted to cut development costs, like any other big corporate company, so they went with a pre-made game engine, called HeroEngine.

It is not up to BioWare to implement a Mac client, it is up to HeroEngine.

And... it looks like it is in their road-map:

http://wiki.heroengine.com/wiki/HeroEngine_Roadmap

So, if we want the Mac client to become a reality, send a email to them:

support@heroengine.com

Once HeroEngine develops Mac support, then we need to start asking BioWare to implement it in SWTOR.

maybe this is stupid, ut you can instal windows on macs (sad it almoust can't e done in othere way) so what is a problem here??

You run into some problems that you wouldn't have otherwise when you install windows on a mac. I had a problem in this game that stretched the graphics when I load the game in anything other than 1280 x 720 resolution. ( Native for my monitor is 1920 x 1080 ) So I just switch the resolution every time I log in. Easy fix but it was really annoying until I figured it out.

Edited by tobyxero

If EA feels like they can make a sizable profit on creating and supporting another client, then they'll make one. Right now you guys have to much going against you. Mac are not known for having gamers on them, also Mac are something like 5% of the total market, which means the gaming market of the Mac market is even smaller then 5% of the total market since Macs are not known for gaming.

So it really comes down to if there are enough people willing to play this game, but won't play it on Bootcamp, to make it worth it for them to support 2 clients.

I'll agree that a Mac client would be great. I've been testing TOR with Wine, and, as of now, I've only been able to get to the server selection screen before the client froze. I'm not entirely sure why it's freezing though... That'll take a bit more tinkering, but I think it's possible.

If EA feels like they can make a sizable profit on creating and supporting another client, then they'll make one. Right now you guys have to much going against you. Mac are not known for having gamers on them, also Mac are something like 5% of the total market, which means the gaming market of the Mac market is even smaller then 5% of the total market since Macs are not known for gaming.

So it really comes down to if there are enough people willing to play this game, but won't play it on Bootcamp, to make it worth it for them to support 2 clients.

Mac is at 9% now