Bug, server restart, or an unannounced patch update?

LordAratar

The game crashed for me about 7:30PM Mountain Standard Time. When I loaded it up again, it showed 'installing' at 94.47%, followed by the usual slow installation progress. I'd seen the possibility of a server restart in the Dev notes. Is that what is happening? Or is it some hasty mini-patch to the latest patch? Or is everyone else playing happily and I had some bug?

In my case, it crashed just after I exited my usual server, when I clicked on another where I have some alt characters. My installation is at 99.48% now. I exited the installation process once, to see what would happen, and it actually stated it was 'patching'. But, really, I don't know. Edited by LordAratar
Correcting a typographical error

From Eric earlier...

Its in the Dev Tracker on the main Community Thread. Maybe they pushed a "silent patch and restart" to help with the lag issue. However, I just logged in, and there was no patch process for me.

Cheers,

Hey folks,

We are aware of the issue currently in-game in which corpses aren't despawning, leading to lag issues in some areas. We are exploring a fix for the issue for Tuesday. Also, we may be doing a brief server restart tomorrow at some point to help alleviate some of the lag. I will have more information on that tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for your patience.

-eric

Edited by Baby-Girl