Marauder/Sentinel PVE gearing strategies

TriviumCoRe

So guys, here's a deal: I want to wear, for example Defiant gear (216), what's a best approach to gear quickly and efficently? I know it's was always very easy to do, but I'd like to learn some gearing strategies. Maybe there's always some priority to gearing, but anyways. Thanks in advance.

So guys, here's a deal: I want to wear, for example Defiant gear (216), what's a best approach to gear quickly and efficently? I know it's was always very easy to do, but I'd like to learn some gearing strategies. Maybe there's always some priority to gearing, but anyways. Thanks in advance.

My advice is this...

Step 1: Figure out what Optimal Stats you need to achieve for your desired gear level, in your case 216. Assuming you're playing Watchman/Annihilation or Combat/Carnage those guides are out there and contain this information.

Step 2: Once you know what your goal is for Accuarcy, Crit, and Alacrity decide on what gear you need to obtain to achieve those numbers. The fastest way to gear is with a group doing Operations content, for the 216 Item Level that would be Story Mode (SM) gear. Keep in mind both Watchman/Annihilation and Combat/Carnage guides have this information available within them.

Step 3: Once you're in Operations and acquiring pieces it's good to know what bosses drop what so you can target specific Operations for the pieces you need, you can find such information from the following link (http://i.imgur.com/BZHcMMC.png).

Step 4: With the pieces you obtain there is some in-depth information to consider. You want the Set Bonus armorings tied to the Unassembled Tokens looted from Operation Bosses. You should be spending these on the Weaponmaster's set. You'll need at a minimum 6 of these to obtain your full Set Bonus. The Mods you want are only obtainable from the Unassembled Tokens therefore Commendation Vendor and MK-2 items (these MK-2 items drop off Operations bosses) will have the less effective mods. You can use these temporarily as place holders over older gear but eventually you'll want to get the optimal ones from the Token pieces. Enhancements from the Token pieces AND the MK-2 items have the optimal versions of what you'll want, Commendation Vendor Enhancements do not.

Note: If you have multiple characters capable of running Story Mode Operations then you can run these on multiple characters and gear a single character faster by sending any gear acquired to the character you're trying to gear.

Note: The Commendation Vendor will have the best in slot Off Hand Hilt so it's advisable to buy a 220 OH from the Commendation Vendor and use the Hilt (the Mod and Enhancement will not be optimal but again can be used if the current ones you have are worse) to gain an optimized Off Hand piece.

Note: Depending on your time and experience with the SWTOR community I want to point you to where these "Guides" are i've been referring to. Dulfy.net hosts these guides and you can easily access the Combat/Carnage guide from my signature if that is the spec you're playing. Furthermore i maintain my own website dedicated solely to the Sentinel and Marauder Advanced Class where you can find a plethora of information and numerous guides on those specs, website is also in my signature.

My advice is this...

Step 1: Figure out what Optimal Stats you need to achieve for your desired gear level, in your case 216. Assuming you're playing Watchman/Annihilation or Combat/Carnage those guides are out there and contain this information.

Step 2: Once you know what your goal is for Accuarcy, Crit, and Alacrity decide on what gear you need to obtain to achieve those numbers. The fastest way to gear is with a group doing Operations content, for the 216 Item Level that would be Story Mode (SM) gear. Keep in mind both Watchman/Annihilation and Combat/Carnage guides have this information available within them.

Step 3: Once you're in Operations and acquiring pieces it's good to know what bosses drop what so you can target specific Operations for the pieces you need, you can find such information from the following link (http://i.imgur.com/BZHcMMC.png).

Step 4: With the pieces you obtain there is some in-depth information to consider. You want the Set Bonus armorings tied to the Unassembled Tokens looted from Operation Bosses. You should be spending these on the Weaponmaster's set. You'll need at a minimum 6 of these to obtain your full Set Bonus. The Mods you want are only obtainable from the Unassembled Tokens therefore Commendation Vendor and MK-2 items (these MK-2 items drop off Operations bosses) will have the less effective mods. You can use these temporarily as place holders over older gear but eventually you'll want to get the optimal ones from the Token pieces. Enhancements from the Token pieces AND the MK-2 items have the optimal versions of what you'll want, Commendation Vendor Enhancements do not.

Note: If you have multiple characters capable of running Story Mode Operations then you can run these on multiple characters and gear a single character faster by sending any gear acquired to the character you're trying to gear.

Note: The Commendation Vendor will have the best in slot Off Hand Hilt so it's advisable to buy a 220 OH from the Commendation Vendor and use the Hilt (the Mod and Enhancement will not be optimal but again can be used if the current ones you have are worse) to gain an optimized Off Hand piece.

Note: Depending on your time and experience with the SWTOR community I want to point you to where these "Guides" are i've been referring to. Dulfy.net hosts these guides and you can easily access the Combat/Carnage guide from my signature if that is the spec you're playing. Furthermore i maintain my own website dedicated solely to the Sentinel and Marauder Advanced Class where you can find a plethora of information and numerous guides on those specs, website is also in my signature.

Many thanks Hayete, I knew that i'll receive information from the most experienced Marasent out here :cool:

Many thanks Hayete, I knew that i'll receive information from the most experienced Marasent out here :cool:

I don't know if i would consider myself the most experienced Marauder/Sentinel in the SWTOR community but i appreciate the compliment and i'm glad i could help.