C12 error

patrickbrz

Same here. Error C12 "Failed to load room dat file [/world/areas/4611686018427650020/area_southernjundlandwastes.dat]. Reason: Not found". Tried deleting bitrader folder to force repair client (5 times) - didn't help. Tried deleting Assets folder to redownload it - didn't help. Tried turning off bitrader which resulted to redownloading the whole game and infinite repair error at the end - so had to turn it on again and redownload game. Tried to uninstall and install swtor (2 times) - didn't help. Tried updating video drivers - didn't help. Tried chkdisk, memtest - no errors. Tried using vpn - bitrader cant connect to servers on launcher. I'm out of options... Oh yeh, tried turning off/on my PC. This error start happening after last patches don't know which one. Please help, I want that Tatooine double sun tan.

P.S. I finally managed to fix this problem by turning off BitRaider. Looks like it was streaming corrupted file with one of the updates. I had to manualy download every patch file according to logs, to avoid infinite repairs which i had every time in non-streaming launcher. Ty bioware for makinf people think and not just press 1 button and play, <3.

Edited by Almaxxin
fixed problem

• 3 weeks later...
If this isn't sorted , make a thread here for help

Given a re-install/repair hasn't fixed this , you may need to revert to the non streaming launcher, this has helped C12 errors on occasion , details here

This link you provided to http://answers.ea.com/ instructed to:

"Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher."

Apparently deleting the Asset folder was a huge mistake

I now have a Error Code C5 and am being told to contact customer service...