The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

trouble downloading

momhemp

they know what it is, but due to there pathetic customer service, they wont tell us. even though we pay for the dam game each month. The issue is bitraider. worthless thing. if you delete bitraider and reinstall the game you will not have this issue the rest of us have. don't just take my word for it, search the forums. many other ppl with the same solution. but as it stands, il see you in game in the year 5073. and maybe by then their COMMUNITY MANAGER will bother his you know what to actually do his job, apologise for this joke, and give us an explanation. instead of "no ETA" and "we will tell you later". horrendous excuse for customer service

Mine is even worse 100% but the "play" button is still not highlighted..........meaning it isn the 100th % but still not completed ...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Same here yesterday. I had to download the full patch again, took me 14h. Just to realize now as soon as I click play the launcher closes and nothing happens. I now follow some user advices but honestly this stuff should be fixed by BW and not the users :-/

I was busy all week, so I didn't get to patch until last Saturday. My patch started, it downloaded, then started installing. It got stuck at Installing Main Assets 219 at 22%. I let it hang for about an hour, and when I went to end task on the application, it crashed my whole computer! I had to do a hard reboot. I tried it again with the same results. It stuck at 22%. I tried it several times.

I went to the forum and tried a few different things that were suggested, deleting certain file folders, deleting the BitRaider folder, etc. I even downloaded and ran the Launcher Fixer file as Support suggested in one post. Nothing worked.

Finally after messing around with it for five to six hours, I did a complete uninstall. I re-installed from my original discs and patched for a little over 2 hours and I was back in-game!

The whole ordeal was very frustrating. I've played since closed beta and have never had an issue like that before.

But I guess it was a learning experience. Next time it happens I won't spend 5-6 hours trying to fix it, I'll just spend 3 hours doing a fresh install.