The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Conquest 2.0

Silenceo

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case some of you haven't checked the docs, I am looking to add all of these to the building doc, but I need peoples feedback, thoughts, balance suggestions, and ect ect.

Defensive Bulwark - (emplaced weapons built into armored bunkers)

Refinery - (increase income of specific material)

Metal Shaping Facility - (Decrease time for droid and vehicle construction by 50%)

Infantry Factory - (Factory specialized for infantry size droids, bonus?)

Vehicular Factory - (Factory specialized for vehicles and large droids, bonus?)

Cargo Lift - (For those who want to be able to move large things within a structure)

Repair Center - (Repairs for droids, large droids, and vehicles beyond field repairs)

Residence - (Increases population satisfaction/loyalty)

Maintenance - (Smaller repair center for just droids)

Medical Center - (Small Hospital for organics)

Hospital - (Highly effective healing capabilities)

Warehouse - (Effect???)

Marksmen Range - (Training facility for ranged skills)

Combat Simulation Area - (Team exercise area)

Obstacle Course - (Increases physical skills for troops)

Cognitive Training Center - (Increase mental skills for troops)

Training Maze - (Increases a combo of mental and physical skills)

Energy Generators - (Effect???)

Barracks - (Effect???)

Central Pillar - (A DU building that is heavily fortified and armed)

Tunnels - (Underground ground expansion)

Don't let their size or pretty wings fool you... They can sting as hard as an AT-ST. (hyperbole) :cool:

I'm genuinely tempted to use them.......

Hey Sil, I've been sorting out my army and legion set up but I just wanted to ask, do we have to have Legion Commanders (and Battalion LT's) and if so do we need to give them training and weapons like with other units? Thanks a bunch.

I'm genuinely tempted to use them.......

Hey Sil, I've been sorting out my army and legion set up but I just wanted to ask, do we have to have Legion Commanders (and Battalion LT's) and if so do we need to give them training and weapons like with other units? Thanks a bunch.

You do not need them, no, they were there as an example for smaller team sized leadership. If you do have them though, they would have to go through training, weapons, and ect ect. Albeit at a higher degree.

Is there any drawback to not using them? Thanks Sil.

Leadership is not quite as effective the lower down you go.

For example:

Squad Captain - Squad tactics, cohesion, and overall leadership in small scale

Battalion Commander - Coordinates Squads

Army Commander - Coordinates Battalions

I mean, each one would have to have extra training to do what is needed, ofc, but they do have an impact.

Character Commanders are outside of this structure.

Edited by Silenceo

Anything to say on these buildings, people?

In case some of you haven't checked the docs, I am looking to add all of these to the building doc, but I need peoples feedback, thoughts, balance suggestions, and ect ect.

Defensive Bulwark - (emplaced weapons built into armored bunkers)

Refinery - (increase income of specific material)

Metal Shaping Facility - (Decrease time for droid and vehicle construction by 50%)

Infantry Factory - (Factory specialized for infantry size droids, bonus?)

Vehicular Factory - (Factory specialized for vehicles and large droids, bonus?)

Cargo Lift - (For those who want to be able to move large things within a structure)

Repair Center - (Repairs for droids, large droids, and vehicles beyond field repairs)

Residence - (Increases population satisfaction/loyalty)

Maintenance - (Smaller repair center for just droids)

Medical Center - (Small Hospital for organics)

Hospital - (Highly effective healing capabilities)

Warehouse - (Effect???)

Marksmen Range - (Training facility for ranged skills)

Combat Simulation Area - (Team exercise area)

Obstacle Course - (Increases physical skills for troops)

Cognitive Training Center - (Increase mental skills for troops)

Training Maze - (Increases a combo of mental and physical skills)

Energy Generators - (Effect???)

Barracks - (Effect???)

Central Pillar - (A DU building that is heavily fortified and armed)

Tunnels - (Underground ground expansion)

Define Defensive Bulkwark more before throwing a price on it. Not sure if it is supposed to be anti-vehicle, anti-infantry, anti-air, anti-everything, and I don't know how much defence it provides nor do its size or firepower output.

I mean if it is a small 2-4 man bunker I'll need a lot more and have a lower price than an armored position housing a heavy turret.

Metal Shaping Facility: to do that I'd have to be extremely expensive or too OP (especially since droid already train faster than anything else as is)

The others.... I'll let someone else comment on.

A big 'NO' to Metal Shaping Facility.

No to Maintenance, because it would do the same thing as a Repair Center.

No to Central Pillar, because it only affects 1 faction. :p

No to anything with ???, cause purpose isn't thought out.

Probably should add an academy addon section to the building doc for some of these.

A big 'NO' to Metal Shaping Facility.

No to Maintenance, because it would do the same thing as a Repair Center.

No to Central Pillar, because it only affects 1 faction. :p

No to anything with ???, cause purpose isn't thought out.

Probably should add an academy addon section to the building doc for some of these.

There are also multiple types of cloning, but we can't have multiple scales of healing/repair? :(

As for the Metal Shaping Facility: Explain? I merely ask because as it stands, Factories must shape their own parts before using them from raw metal. All that the Metal Shaping Facility (which, yes Star, would be rather expensive) is that it is dedicated to that specific task. Also, I think you guys are actually forgetting something vital. It refers to construction time of droids/vehicles, not their train time.

All droids/vehicles have a built-in construction time BEFORE they get programming/training/ect:

Mechanical Build Times

Laborer droids - 1 Week

Defense droids - 1 Week

Battle droids - 1 Weeks

Large droids - 2 Weeks

Bikes - 1 Week

Light vehicle - 2 Weeks

Medium vehicle - 3 Weeks

Heavy vehicle - 5 Weeks

That is what the construction time is referring to. If it indeed referred to the training that comes after. I would DEFINITELY agree with it being a no-no. However, it is intended to cut the above in half. It does NOT combo with the default droid training time.

As for the Defensive Bulkwark, think of something similar to a bunker or series of bunkers that are armored, allow infantry to shoot out, and a few weapon emplacements such as E-webs. Typically, they are designed to disrupt, and stem the flow of an opponents forward momentum. Essentially, they are easily described as heavy bunkers that are intended to slow an opponents advance.

In regards to the Central Pillar: Its happening Karadron, and you can't stop it. :d_grin: I merely wanted you guys to help decide on the price and such. (Fun fact, you guys can make new buildings too... If they are verified)

As for the ???? ones, I left those like that because they could have multiple purposes, but wanted feedback from everyone as to what exactly each should do. I mean, if I was the only one going to use them, I would set them as:

Energy Generators - (Increased weapon emplacement potency, shield strength, and protection against losing power)

Barracks - (Faster response time to enemy movement, and keeps troops well rested and in shape)

Warehouse - (Increases amount of tech able to be tested at once due to storage capacity)

Of course, those are not exactly balanced, so I opted to let you all help decide. :o

Side Note: Spartii clones actually train the fastest Star. Organic = 1, droid = 1/2, clone = 1/2, Spartii clone = 1/4

Edited by Silenceo

I'm pretty much fine with all of these (given that the prices are balanced at some point) but a couple caught my attention:

1) Faction specific buildings (e.g DU Central Pillar) - My main concern with this is that it would be very dependent on what you want your building to do as it could potentially render other buildings useless. For example, the Central Pillar just seems like a much better Defensive Bulwark IMO, unless we put a limit on how many faction specific buildings you can have per planet/area.

2) Tunnels - This is tough to explain because it could serve as a very circumstantial factor in some battles. Depending on how someone wants to use these it could completely turn sieges around, quite alike to WW1 when forces would build tunnels leading underneath enemy trenches and destroy them using explosives. While I'm guessing we're not supposed to use them like that I just thought I would raise this point just in case, as far as using them as ways to simply create hard to destroy emplacements I wouldn't oppose it.

As for coming up with functions for the other buildings, I'll put some thought into it but I can't promise great results. :D

Building ideas:

Bank (income)

Arms factory (reduces cost of producing weapons and equiping troops with them)

Mines (income, depends on resources available on planet)

Trade hub/space port (increases trade, would probably increase income, but maybe make planets easier to infiltrate?)

Also I think we should be able to actually build cities of various sizes if we have enough people to populate them.

I also think there should be some other meaningful ways to change a planet such as building irrigation networks on desert planets.

Sil am pretty much fine with your building ideas.

There are also multiple types of cloning, but we can't have multiple scales of healing/repair? :(

As for the Metal Shaping Facility: Explain? I merely ask because as it stands, Factories must shape their own parts before using them from raw metal. All that the Metal Shaping Facility (which, yes Star, would be rather expensive) is that it is dedicated to that specific task. Also, I think you guys are actually forgetting something vital. It refers to construction time of droids/vehicles, not their train time.

All droids/vehicles have a built-in construction time BEFORE they get programming/training/ect:

Mechanical Build Times

Laborer droids - 1 Week

Defense droids - 1 Week

Battle droids - 1 Weeks

Large droids - 2 Weeks

Bikes - 1 Week

Light vehicle - 2 Weeks

Medium vehicle - 3 Weeks

Heavy vehicle - 5 Weeks

That is what the construction time is referring to. If it indeed referred to the training that comes after. I would DEFINITELY agree with it being a no-no. However, it is intended to cut the above in half. It does NOT combo with the default droid training time.

As for the Defensive Bulkwark, think of something similar to a bunker or series of bunkers that are armored, allow infantry to shoot out, and a few weapon emplacements such as E-webs. Typically, they are designed to disrupt, and stem the flow of an opponents forward momentum. Essentially, they are easily described as heavy bunkers that are intended to slow an opponents advance.

In regards to the Central Pillar: Its happening Karadron, and you can't stop it. :d_grin: I merely wanted you guys to help decide on the price and such. (Fun fact, you guys can make new buildings too... If they are verified)

As for the ???? ones, I left those like that because they could have multiple purposes, but wanted feedback from everyone as to what exactly each should do. I mean, if I was the only one going to use them, I would set them as:

Energy Generators - (Increased weapon emplacement potency, shield strength, and protection against losing power)

Barracks - (Faster response time to enemy movement, and keeps troops well rested and in shape)

Warehouse - (Increases amount of tech able to be tested at once due to storage capacity)

Of course, those are not exactly balanced, so I opted to let you all help decide. :o

Side Note: Spartii clones actually train the fastest Star. Organic = 1, droid = 1/2, clone = 1/2, Spartii clone = 1/4

And the fact that droids already get 1/2 off of training time? The time spent doing most of this won't take any time in comparison to actual troop training. Base line a droid with the same training as a normal troop will take barely over half the time, and at higher degrees of training will be ridiculously quick in comparison. So no I won't condone this building as long as it decreases any type of droids time.

And the fact that droids already get 1/2 off of training time? The time spent doing most of this won't take any time in comparison to actual troop training. Base line a droid with the same training as a normal troop will take barely over half the time, and at higher degrees of training will be ridiculously quick in comparison. So no I won't condone this building as long as it decreases any type of droids time.

The only droid that would have its time actually shortened by it(that doesn't fall under the extra vehicle build times) is that of the Large droids. .5 of a week still equates to 1 week since there is a max that can be built at once. Nor does the factor for droid training equate to any .5's or such that would allow this to shorten it by a week.

So large droids construction before training would go to 1 week instead of 2. After that, it just effects vehicles.

So, how about the fact that even with such a building (which would be expensive), droids could still be outproduced by Spartii clones? They are expensive, yes, but still would prove a good counter to droid numbers.

The only droid that would have its time actually shortened by it(that doesn't fall under the extra vehicle build times) is that of the Large droids. .5 of a week still equates to 1 week since there is a max that can be built at once. Nor does the factor for droid training equate to any .5's or such that would allow this to shorten it by a week.

So large droids construction before training would go to 1 week instead of 2. After that, it just effects vehicles.

So, how about the fact that even with such a building (which would be expensive), droids could still be outproduced by Spartii clones? They are expensive, yes, but still would prove a good counter to droid numbers.

Sil I will just like to point out that Spartii clones are even/worst than B1.

Sill don't think that they need anything else to make them produce faster. Now if you want to add a way to decrease all other ways of production by half--troop training outside of cloning and starship build time outside of additional slips--I might move a bit but as it stands I don't think it's necessary. Or you could approve my ground force as I initially sent it a couple of days ago and I'll allow it.