The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Conquest 2.0

Silenceo

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sil can you settle me and Karadon talk on Counter intelligence.He say the way the faction Is setup should play a major part in counter intelligence while I say it should play a minor part.With training organization setup and several other factors affect how well your factions counter intelligence be.

Which way do you think we should go about it?

Sil can you settle me and Karadon talk on Counter intelligence.He say the way the faction Is setup should play a major part in counter intelligence while I say it should play a minor part.With training organization setup and several other factors affect how well your factions counter intelligence be.

Personally I think it should be a minor factor, otherwise all of the factions that are largely intelligence focused could wreak havoc on other less intelligence focused factions whilst still having comparable navies and armies. This is coming from someone who wasn't in 1.0 though so I don't know how true the above is, it's simply my thoughts based on what I know.

I have around 2 million cargo and want to use AHS-1s, HMPs and Chameleon Droids.

Not quite that simple. It also depends on what else you have on your ships, how many of those, and ect ect...

Send me a PM with what you have thus far?

As I have said countless times, despite a nearly automated covert system being... reluctant... to be functional, the values and other such things have changed for many of the variables. As I said, it will be much harder in 2.0 to get things done successfully, albeit it would actually be worked on constantly so it may finish faster than 1.0.

That said, the faction itself does play a part in how others can infiltrate it. For example:

The DU is composed entirely of droids of specific models and have programming and ect beyond most average droids due to innates. An organic agent, no matter their skill, could not infiltrate such a place for any long period of time even if they had a disguise. Due to lack of food and water in such places. However, a sophisticated droid with all the bells and whistles, may be able to infiltrate the DU. The catch, being that they may just be swayed against whoever sent it due to the culture of the DU society and such.

In an organic faction, it is a bit less extreme. For example, it may be hard for a Jedi/Sith faction's agent to infiltrate a pure Mandalorian society.

All of these obstacles, can be over come. With tech, advanced skills (multiple training in the same skill for example), and of course time to study the target.

In short, yes, Faction make up effects infiltration. Yet it is not that hard to get around as long as you don't fire and forget your agents to collect intel. In 2.0, that is likely to get them killed. Droids included... :d_frown::D_frown: :d_frown:

To be fair the base factors that I think should go into Counter-Intel are these:

1. Base Counter-Intel: equal across board

2. Faction characters: skills and innates

3. Faction itself: setup, innates, etc.

4. Intelligence XP: self-explanatory

5. Troop skill: self-explanatory

As I have said countless times, despite a nearly automated covert system being... reluctant... to be functional, the values and other such things have changed for many of the variables. As I said, it will be much harder in 2.0 to get things done successfully, albeit it would actually be worked on constantly so it may finish faster than 1.0.

That said, the faction itself does play a part in how others can infiltrate it. For example:

The DU is composed entirely of droids of specific models and have programming and ect beyond most average droids due to innates. An organic agent, no matter their skill, could not infiltrate such a place for any long period of time even if they had a disguise. Due to lack of food and water in such places. However, a sophisticated droid with all the bells and whistles, may be able to infiltrate the DU. The catch, being that they may just be swayed against whoever sent it due to the culture of the DU society and such.

In an organic faction, it is a bit less extreme. For example, it may be hard for a Jedi/Sith faction's agent to infiltrate a pure Mandalorian society.

All of these obstacles, can be over come. With tech, advanced skills (multiple training in the same skill for example), and of course time to study the target.

In short, yes, Faction make up effects infiltration. Yet it is not that hard to get around as long as you don't fire and forget your agents to collect intel. In 2.0, that is likely to get them killed. Droids included... :d_frown::D_frown: :d_frown:

Ok Sil I see where your coming from.Ok than what still needs to be worked on that we can help you with?

Ok Sil I see where your coming from.Ok than what still needs to be worked on that we can help you with?

Need to go through the cargo price doc, and add all of the NPC units that are missing.

Do a new 2.0 map. (Unless some one wants to volunteer for this easy part?)

A few test runs of the combat systems to ensure things weren't over looked.

Add new buildings, any that people can think of atm really.

Also need to help a couple more people finish factions before we start.

Add formatting details to the rule doc, so things stay... orderly...

Flesh out tech more.

Post the Rebel's intro story.

Study for finals... Wait... this one isn't about Conquest... :rolleyes:

In general, a lot of little things.

Also, thus far, how are you all feeling about the changes between 1.0 vs 2.0? In general I mean.

Seeing how the doc shenanigans are starting to be ever closer to being finished... Does anyone need help with their faction, leader, or units?

Also, any buildings, ships, infantry, vehicles, or tech that you guys can think of that isn't in the docs yet?