The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Conquest 2.0

Silenceo

I know I've asked this a few times but what is the cargo capacity of the Providence when you remove the passengers and ground compliment?

My reason for asking this is that while I got an answer from Cheat earlier, I had PM'd Sil about it yesterday and their answers aren't the same. Sorry for the repeated questioning. :)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I've asked this a few times but what is the cargo capacity of the Providence when you remove the passengers and ground compliment?

My reason for asking this is that while I got an answer from Cheat earlier, I had PM'd Sil about it yesterday and their answers aren't the same. Sorry for the repeated questioning. :)

Huh thats suprising. Iirc Sil posted the same cargo capacity that Cheat did a couple of days ago.

Well, the more I look at it the weirder it is...

Ok, so as far as population density the Action VI has a square meterage of ~3000 which is .003 square km.

The densest places on earth don't typically top ~160,000 people per square kilometer which comes to 480 people living in out Action VI.

Now we have to worry about a few factors here that might up that population.

- Sewage/waste can be vented into space, eliminating space that might otherwise be occupied

- Vertical space inside the Action VI is greater than that seen in these highly populated areas

- better planning in a ship ensures maximum usage of space

Some negatives

- life support capacity, it'll require more equipment and more space

- must store all supplies needed for a period of time

All in all, I seriously have no idea where to put the population at. I'd actually assume that closer to 10k might be the highest possible number from a RL standpoint, but I don't know how detailed people want to be with all this.

Well everyone here my new fleet tell me your thoughts.

Providence Destroyer -(Standard - 100%) = C 215,424

45 GR-75 medium transport -121,500

450 x-wings .-19,800

270 A Wings -16740

75 Miy'til - M 27 - (ST) = C 27-2036

1Strike cruiser(AT-AT configurations )- 40,500

Nova (New) - M 36,000 - (AD +30%) = C 46,800

4 Crusader Class Corvette- 30,000

23 Prowler-class reconnaissance vessel- 312*23=7200

Total-500,000

Edited by Jarons

450 x-wings .-19,800

270 A Wings -16740

Total-500,000

I shall tear it apart! :jawa_evil:

Being serious now, I think it's a good fleet that will give you a lot of cargo space though I don't really know why you re-did it as your old one was great too.

858,247t from complement

176,101.55t equals one year of supplies for all organics, excluding crew.

50,000t base cargo

=> 1,084,348.55t total

I shall tear it apart! :jawa_evil:

Being serious now, I think it's a good fleet that will give you a lot of cargo space though I don't really know why you re-did it as your old one was great too.

I just wanted to the extra space Give me more run for a extra powerful ship so I added one.

You're really starting to make me consider rebuilding my fleet as practically everyone has a ground force that dwarfs mine. :o

Well you beats Stars and Karadon Ground forces and you dam near demolish Random Non existing.I say it's fine but if you want I can really show you how my Legions are setup.

Side note:Trust me none of us will be fighting each other anytime soon.Plus a Space force is pretty good at the start.I saw keep it as it us.

Edited by Jarons

Well you beats Stars and Karadon Ground forces and you dam near demolish Random Non existing.I say it's fine but if you want I can really show you how my Legions are setup.

Would you mind showing me how the Legions work? It's been something I've found hard to balance due to the ratio of 'x' troops to 'y' vehicles. Thanks J.

Well you see the problem is everyone has large ground forces, but the question then becomes "do they need those forces?" or "are those forces really helpful?"

Remember, large forces attracts attention from NPC's. All these people with giant ground forces have to be very careful not to tip their hand or they'll grab the attention of someone much bigger than them much too early on and get hammered for it. That is part of why everyone's fleets are half the power of 1.0 at the start. NPC's will kick your *** if you try for military conquest and shows of force too early or without the proper politics/alliances.

Also, Sil, that is something we'll have to find a way to handle if you have a faction. Everyone has NPC's messing with them and interacting with them. We'll have to find a fair way to ensure you don't get the best reactions from NPC's (since, if we left it to you, you'd be able to perfectly react to NPC's and their plans to your own benefit and it'd be impossible for surprises or such to occur to you as they do to the rest of us.)

Well you see the problem is everyone has large ground forces, but the question then becomes "do they need those forces?" or "are those forces really helpful?"

Remember, large forces attracts attention from NPC's. All these people with giant ground forces have to be very careful not to tip their hand or they'll grab the attention of someone much bigger than them much too early on and get hammered for it. That is part of why everyone's fleets are half the power of 1.0 at the start. NPC's will kick your *** if you try for military conquest and shows of force too early or without the proper politics/alliances.

Also, Sil, that is something we'll have to find a way to handle if you have a faction. Everyone has NPC's messing with them and interacting with them. We'll have to find a fair way to ensure you don't get the best reactions from NPC's (since, if we left it to you, you'd be able to perfectly react to NPC's and their plans to your own benefit and it'd be impossible for surprises or such to occur to you as they do to the rest of us.)

That's a fair point actually, I don't want Darth Sidious tracking me down and murdering me at the start. :D

Thanks Star.

Side-note: I've been watching SAO:Abridged, are there only 8 episodes atm?

Would you mind showing me how the Legions work? It's been something I've found hard to balance due to the ratio of 'x' troops to 'y' vehicles. Thanks J.

NP also read my edit I'll send it in a bit.

Side note:Star trust me buddy I always have a plan.:D

Which probably won't work but who truly knows.

NP also read my edit I'll send it in a bit.

Side note:Star trust me buddy I always have a plan.:D

Which probably won't work but who truly knows.

Thanks J. :)

I can just see it now: In the first week the Shadow Order was eliminated by Darth Sidious for having an insanely powerful ground force.. :D

Am I the only one who could see that happening? :p

Thanks J. :)

I can just see it now: In the first week the Shadow Order was eliminated by Darth Sidious for having an insanely powerful ground force.. :D

Am I the only one who could see that happening? :p

Nahhh Sidious will get rid of Vader for me.Also again am sure I can twist it in my favor.

Am very far away from the Empires so trust me I'll be fine.

450 x-wings .-19,800

270 A Wings -16740

Total-500,000

My thoughts are that no one has shown me the calcs for the GR-75 yet, and all ships must be in the cost doc to be used.

(Still waiting...)

Mostly, I am unsure about the calc'd size and such...

My thoughts are that no one has shown me the calcs for the GR-75 yet, and all ships must be in the cost doc to be used.

(Still waiting...)

Mostly, I am unsure about the calc'd size and such...

Talk to star about that I use his calculation of 2700.

Trust me, I already foresaw such an issue and have taken steps to avoid it.

Think of it like... Severe case of OOC vs IC. Meaning that at times, I will be making very stupid decisions, but from a IC view, they could look very good. Its harder than you think, but I think I found a good balance.

Also, there are plenty of NPC's that will be messing with the DU, that will not be favorable for them.

In short, the DU will probably have some of the worst luck because I basically planned ways to cause trouble for myself that I can't really avoid without outside help, even though as I develop the DU I will be attempted to go around them. I designed them so that it is incredibly difficult to do such.

Talk to star about that I use his calculation of 2700.

GR-75 is 90 meters long. From the look of it, I'd say it is 1/3 its length in width. 90 x 30 = 2700

Anyone is free to disagree with that if they have a cost they think is better, I'm hardly married to it and I'm not using it so I have no stake in the matter.

Don't feel the need to put EVERYTHING into a legion at first. Starting forces are guarenteed to be hell to try and organize into such.

Develop a legion setup over time, based on what you are using. Then try and fit it to the ships you often use to carry ground forces. After that, try and balance the force out between what it brings.

For example of a squad within a legion:

1 Captain

2 Heavy Weapon Experts

1 Scout/Recon

7 Soldiers

Total 10

Such would be balanced, but it excludes vehicles. In fact, you could divided vehicles and infantry into different Legions, as has been done in Lore at times. There are times some will make it into a infantry legion though. For example, the DU has a dwarf spider droid per squad, to act as the scout. Despite it being classified as a light recon vehicle.

In short, don't stress, ease into it. Until battle comes, your Legion setup is pretty much just an organizational thing.

Trust me, I already foresaw such an issue and have taken steps to avoid it.

Think of it like... Severe case of OOC vs IC. Meaning that at times, I will be making very stupid decisions, but from a IC view, they could look very good. Its harder than you think, but I think I found a good balance.

Also, there are plenty of NPC's that will be messing with the DU, that will not be favorable for them.

In short, the DU will probably have some of the worst luck because I basically planned ways to cause trouble for myself that I can't really avoid without outside help, even though as I develop the DU I will be attempted to go around them. I designed them so that it is incredibly difficult to do such.

My problem is that ultimately, you can plan around the issues to your faction while we can't. While I understand you'll do your best, the fact is just having the knowledge of what can and will happen to you gives you an edge none of us have. It'd be in everyone's interest if you let someone else handle NPC's plans or reactions to the DU...

It isn't that I think you'd be intentionally unfair, as I think you're intentionally doing everything you can to ensure fairness, but I know from experience that you will be able to handle the problem much better if you invent it than if someone else does it. Also, you'll tend to have a better understanding of your forces and thus be more inclined to rank them as higher than anyone else might. Again none of this would be intentional, but it really should be up to others to determine interactions from NPCs.