The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Conquest 2.0

Silenceo

Who the heck is Geth?

And defensive flying doesn't mean crap since they are homing missiles unless they are staying at a range where they are effectively useless for the conflict. :rolleyes:

As for how the galaxy views the DU, you are really stretching it lol. If they were trying to take over the galaxy, they would actually take planets instead of just liberating droids. It is the equivalent of saying the Rebel Alliance is evil incarnate. Sure, some will believe it, but you can bet a whole lot more will just look at that and shake their head.

Sure, factions may not like it, and definitely not going to start as best buds, but neither do they commit genocide without reason. Even less so with beings that are intelligent. Sure, many may doubt the sentience of the DU, but the mere fact that it exists will be an example all by itself that droid sentience is a thing.

How would the galaxy view your faction though? A secretive cult? :p

If the galaxy was told a cult bombarded a peaceful city or some such, how would the galaxy react? Not well. As for bombarding an opponents army, no one gives a crap unless it is one of the planets with useful resources, large populations, or if they use long lasting weapons such as nuclear weapons instead of turbolasers.

So while the DU isn't the favorite child of the galaxy, neither are a number of these other factions. Heck, a good bit of them many of the NPC's would think are a straight up threat to their way of life. The DU disrupts certain parts, yes, but they also are public about advocating for droid rights. Heck, they only assemble in force in the most dire situations.

In short, the DU is not going to be thought of as the devil as much as you guys seem to think. Yes, many in the galaxy used droids for various things. They also used organics for many things. The DU is not here to stop droids and organics from working together. They are here to ensure they are treated as equals, and if they are not, that they are freed from such a situation.

They are not murderers who kill on a whim as you all seem to make them out as.

Really Sil you would love the Geth Google them its from Mass effect.

Also Sil the whole point if a secretive Cult which we take offense to good sir is that we are not found out about.Especially since the Jedi and Sith order will pretty much try to destroy us because of our beliefs.Also I know my faction won't be well liked but that's the point its me against the Galaxy.

Lastly Droids don't deserve equal rights.:p

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming everyone has their ships for the start, additional costs can be done on an as-needed basis.

Tech can be added progressively as the game develops.

NPC's can be developed as the game progresses (assuming you have a sufficient bank of them to start with)

That leaves verification, prep, and testing which are, comparatively, easy to do. You make it sound like there is so much left to do... :rolleyes:

Well, there is also the development of the 'Upgrade' system...

Updating the force user system with proper pre-req's. (Mostly just for the more advanced stuff)

Adjusting general skills to make sure that they still make sense. (Minor)

Need to make a unique droid outline.

Sketch and scan some stuff.

Setup the 'Format' doc as to explain 2.0 formatting.

I mean, there is still a ton to do Star. :rolleyes:

Really Sil you would love the Geth Google them its from Mass effect.

Also Sil the whole point if a secretive Cult which we take offense to good sir is that we are not found out about.Especially since the Jedi and Sith order will pretty much try to destroy us because of our beliefs.Also I know my faction won't be well liked but that's the point its me against the Galaxy.

Lastly Droids don't deserve equal rights.:p

So basically no one would know either way then. :rolleyes:

As for not deserving equal rights... On average, a standard protocol droid is by far more intelligent than the average sentient. Like, not even a contest. Droids not getting equal rights is the equivalent of saying a Duro, Ithorian, Bith, or ect ect don't deserve equal rights. :rolleyes:

Anyways, who is to say anyone will even discover the DU until they are already quite sizable unless people use OOC?

Side Note: Think of the DU this way. Its a droid specific union that actually does something for its members. :d_wink:

Edited by Silenceo

Fixing the Covert system.

Finishing the Ship Costs.

Get the docs ready.

Add more tech.

Verify all of the faction traits, and character traits.

Verify all of the troops, fleets, and ect.

Final tests and additions to the 2 combat systems.

Setup more NPC's.

ect, ect.

OK so let's start with the Covert system now.

The ship cost and tech can be done during the game.

Character traits will be easy most of us are force users and factions trait HSS been looked over only person who traits need to be fix is Karadons.

We can help with the fleets and troops checking.

The ground combat system is fine the space version is overly complicated. A debate will be much simpler.

How many NPC do you have so far?Is it just from the list you should us earlier?

OK so let's start with the Covert system now.

The ship cost and tech can be done during the game.

Character traits will be easy most of us are force users and factions trait HSS been looked over only person who traits need to be fix is Karadons.

We can help with the fleets and troops checking.

The ground combat system is fine the space version is overly complicated. A debate will be much simpler.

How many NPC do you have so far?Is it just from the list you should us earlier?

For the NPC's, it is the list from earlier as well as some NPC's from 1.0

Side Note: I never told you, about

... Edited by Silenceo

I didn't watch the video what happened to him?

Let me see if I can find an adequate quote...:

"They always lock the door. You'd think they'd have learned by now. Doesn't look like there’s a key – that would be too easy. The console to unlock the door is probably hidden in some room twelve floors up or something… how does that make sense?"

―Katarn

As a metaphor, ofc.

Personally I'd go for food, just quickly checking, what is the cargo space of the Providence?

I need Reasons Pad.:p

Sil has 11,000 Vehicles and I only have 6,093 vehicle should I try to match that?

Side note:Hey cheat Can I send you a ship and can you tell me what would it Cargo space be with all of its complement removed?

Edited by Jarons

Sil has 11,000 Vehicles and I only have 6,093 vehicle should I try to match that?

Side note:Hey cheat Can I send you a ship and can you tell me what would it Cargo space be with all of its complement removed?

I only have 4544 Vehicles.

Yes you can.

Updating the force user system with proper pre-req's. (Mostly just for the more advanced stuff)

Adjusting general skills to make sure that they still make sense. (Minor)

Id also advocate removing some redundant skills like the half a dozen defensive force powers or some of the diplomacy skills that do almost the same in some cases.

Id also advocate removing some redundant skills like the half a dozen defensive force powers or some of the diplomacy skills that do almost the same in some cases.

I agree with you about the Diplomatic Skills but the Defensive Force abilities are not redundant in my opinion. Their useful and mainly situational.

I refuse to provide reasons!

Just joking, my main reason would be that your army is already impressive but any army that wants to succeed in the long term needs to keep their forces alive.

Side-note: I'm going to send you a different version of my army later, if that's OK with you? Though "later" means within the next two days. :p

I also think the Trade skills could use some tweaking tbh, I don't see much point in taking them atm.

Edited by PadsterPwns

I refuse to provide reasons!

Just joking, my main reason would be that your army is already impressive but any army that wants to succeed in the long term needs to keep their forces alive.

Side-note: I'm going to send you a different version of my army later, if that's OK with you? Though "later" means within the next two days. :p

You make a fair point pad and good head you don't have to ask buddy just send.

Anyone know?

From the looks of it I'd say 70 tons, it can't carry any passengers but it's fairly well armed so I'd say it's a Light Combat Vehicle. This is just my guess though, so sorry if it's wrong Random.

Edit: That's for the HMP, not sure about the other one.

Edited by PadsterPwns

Star do you know how many civilians the Action VI civilian version holds?

Not really, never properly calculated it...

hmm, I'd say 1 ton covers personal property and individual food (since, well, I know all my stuff in my room right now doesn't add up to 1 ton and I have probably too much stuff imo)

Shops, Facilities, Services, and Internal Framework (to divide cargo space into personal spaces)...

I'd say 40k-50k people sounds reasonable, but this is just vague estimations. I was expecting about 40-50k (unless the population consists of unusually communal or small species in which case it might skew a few thousand higher).

Note: ofc, this is all in tonnage, pretty sure it is impossible IRL on a ship that size...

Edited by StarSquirrel