The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Conquest 2.0

Silenceo

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, definitely. Unless you guys want me to some how make a Inquisitorus Dark Trooper Character Droid on week 2? :p :p :p

I get it with droids, but why species? Ofc there are some extreme cases like Gen'da that would have to be regulated, but for the most part I cant really think of many species that would need to be limited.

Ok so Sil does that mean we can't create Generals and Admirals before a battle?I personally don't like that one.I said it's kinda limiting our abilities.

Wait so I can't make a Character similar to Jox?Also again it's limits our creativity and waste our time.what if am working on a Character and am about to post him but Karadon posts a similar character before me.Now I have to make another character.

Am not sure how I feel about they have to be posted one I liked Secret NPC personally.I could see how it's unfair to others.

Next I think it should be 50 points every 2 weeks.Make us work for it.I weeks is to quick.

For character being active I think that might be to difficult for you down the line Sil.With the new system we will all have like 10 characters easy and of we have all of them working you have to keep track of that.It could be difficult for you.Also for our leaders I made character to make things easier for my leader does that mean he will get less points since he is no longer micro managing everyone?

For the last one can you please go more in-depth am not sure I understand you fully.

That is exactly what it means J. If you want a fleet commander, unless you are attacked after he is created, you best allow for at least 3 in-game weeks for them to get accustomed to their position. It was a reeeeaaally bothersome issue in 1.0, and went even farther because everyone was abusing Academies and making high rank characters and using them the same week or the week directly after.

Similar to a character is fine. What is NOT fine is carbon copies, give or take species. For example, if you made a character similar to Jox, but he was a Zabrak that would not be good. But if you made a character similar to Jox, but he had a personality difference, that would be fine. Same applies to other players characters.

Secret characters going the way of the do-do, it kinda has to happen J. Even if they know that they exist, they IC or even OOC don't know where they are, what they are doing, and ect ect. It also will allow for much easier debate when they are used rather than just me looking at the stats and going 'yay or nay'.

The 50 points per week, that is basically so you still have something to work with, but in the grand scheme is not all that much. Which is why there is the clause about donating points.

As for character activity, I will be using the docs to track that much more finely than in 1.0.

Finally, he wouldn't get points for what other characters do. So he would have to find other ways to gain points. For example, if you wanted 2 combat characters to gain points, you could have them Spar. Or if its a general, run simulations and such.

I get it with droids, but why species? Ofc there are some extreme cases like Gen'da that would have to be regulated, but for the most part I cant really think of many species that would need to be limited.

Because, in part, it makes no sense for a out of left field character to be of a group that never met the faction.

For example, if your entire faction is human and you encounter Zabraks, but do not do anything to them or such, you could then use Zabraks for your use separate from that group.

Lets take it to one of the extreme variations.

In order to use Noghri, you would have to find and interact with Noghri, which are VERY good assassins. If you have never encountered one across your entire faction, a Noghri suddenly joining you is... strange...

Or a Geonosian, due to their incredible mechanical skills. (Seriously, check out their fighter. OP as hell)

For the droids, it effectively limits what they can make since you can't just magic up, say, a Dark Trooper. Which, for the DU, would be an infantry still which the organic factions don't have limits on. But as we all know, Dark Troopers are very VERY strong.

Because, in part, it makes no sense for a out of left field character to be of a group that never met the faction.

For example, if your entire faction is human and you encounter Zabraks, but do not do anything to them or such, you could then use Zabraks for your use separate from that group.

Lets take it to one of the extreme variations.

In order to use Noghri, you would have to find and interact with Noghri, which are VERY good assassins. If you have never encountered one across your entire faction, a Noghri suddenly joining you is... strange...

Or a Geonosian, due to their incredible mechanical skills. (Seriously, check out their fighter. OP as hell)

For the droids, it effectively limits what they can make since you can't just magic up, say, a Dark Trooper. Which, for the DU, would be an infantry still which the organic factions don't have limits on. But as we all know, Dark Troopers are very VERY strong.

What if I want to create a character who is a refugee/exile in my faction?

As long as it doesn't have a function that replicates Jerec licking his lips that's fine. :p

Seriously though, that always creeps me out.

Who is to say it wasn't meant to? :cool:

Also, that is just silly! A droid wouldn't lick its lips... he would make some very terrifying noise. Like a Bat's shriek with severe amplification, modulation to add a good echo/lasting effect, and playing it rapidly to quite literally damage organic ears. :d_wink:

Edited by Silenceo

Who is to say it wasn't meant to? :cool:

Also, that is just silly! A droid wouldn't lick its lips... he would make some very terrifying noise. Like a Bat's shriek with severe amplification, modulation to add a good echo/lasting effect, and playing it rapidly to quite literally damage organic ears. :d_wink:

It may have meant to be creepy but his actor took it to a new level. His actor was surprisingly good actually.

It may have meant to be creepy but his actor took it to a new level. His actor was surprisingly good actually.

Ikr? But yeah, totally underestimated by so many people. (At least, before I annoyed everyone with my campaign to raise Jerec awareness. :p)

I swear though... If he does ever show up on Rebels... They better not destroy his character...

Side Note: Supposedly, Jerec's actor has done some lines for swtor, but I haven't figured out which ones. :rolleyes:

Update: Just checked the wiki, and they appear to have updated it. Apparently he voices Darth Ikoral, Ortan Cela, and Hadro in SWTOR.

Edited by Silenceo

So Sil what about my faction its has multiple Species apart of it does rule number 2 still affect me?

As long as you have those species within your faction or have encountered them before.

Also Dom, same thing. If he isn't the leader (which is exempt from this) then your faction must encounter them first.

As long as you have those species within your faction or have encountered them before.

Also Dom, same thing. If he isn't the leader (which is exempt from this) then your faction must encounter them first.

Well than I like the new system. What's next on the list.

For the last section of the character creation, about characters joining your faction through IC I have two questions.

1. Do they count towards the 1 a week limit?

2. How will their skill points be determined?

I think a lot of us who had characters in 1.0 that might show up in 2.0 would like the answers to these since it might come up for us...

Ok let's do Covert next.

Actually was working on tech since the pieces finally clicked for me. Mostly, just need to get all of the tech added to the list now and price them.

Covert... Complex as hell and still trying different systems to fix it that isn't just me staring at variables. :o

Still jotting down the specifics, but the core of the tech system thus far:

Quite simple, really. Not quite sure why I had a mental block before about it:

• Each Research center generates 1 point every week for every level that it has towards the research category of its choice.
  • You can split up what a center works towards. For example, a Level 5 research center could put 4 points into stealth each week, and 1 point into super weapons.
  • Research points are faction wide, making location not matter too much, except for security.
  • Once the main part of a tech is achieved, its sub-types can be researched.
  • Each Research Center has an up-keep cost as long as it is researching. Per point it generates, costs 1,000 credits every in-game week that it generates them.

Example

Stealth Tech - 1,000

• Infantry 100
  • Vehicle 150
  • Starfighter 500
  • Corvette 200
  • Frigate 300
  • Cruiser 400
  • Destroyer 1,000
  • Battleship 10,000
  • Station 1,000

Numbers and ratios ofc could change between now and release, but... With the example they fall right about where I feel the cost for the tech should be.

Thoughts?

For the last section of the character creation, about characters joining your faction through IC I have two questions.

1. Do they count towards the 1 a week limit?

2. How will their skill points be determined?

I think a lot of us who had characters in 1.0 that might show up in 2.0 would like the answers to these since it might come up for us...

Characters from IC are exempt from the 1 week limit.

And skill points will be determined by me. If it is a previous character *unlikely* then it will be based on what they had before, and take the 5 years into account as well as what they were doing.

Hey Sil what happened to our story?You was supposed to write on up about the Rebel.

I fell asleep playing Galaxy of Heroes like a Boss, with my HK-47 hitting a crit for 1,200 dmg. I was... surprised... Without the buff he only reaches 800 crit. But with it... :eek: :eek: :eek: (I also did some math and the amount of crit he can achieve... and give it to other droids... Downright OP. He could get beyond 80% crit if my calc is right)

I fell asleep playing Galaxy of Heroes like a Boss, with my HK-47 hitting a crit for 1,200 dmg. I was... surprised... Without the buff he only reaches 800 crit. But with it... :eek: :eek: :eek: (I also did some math and the amount of crit he can achieve... and give it to other droids... Downright OP. He could get beyond 80% crit if my calc is right)

I saw you had him but I have to ask did you really spend 34.99 to get HK-47?I know you like the character but come one Sil P2W is beneath you.Also am still a higher level than you are.:D

What's your team power Sil?

I saw you had him but I have to ask did you really spend 34.99 to get HK-47?I know you like the character but come one Sil P2W is beneath you.Also am still a higher level than you are.:D

What's your team power Sil?

Only 25, and considering I haven't spent even 1 dollar on a mobile product in the last 3-4 years... I don't feel bad about it at all. :) It also got me IG-88 and IG-86. That, and I knew I would already try and get them, and decided to skip the grind. *shrug*

Team power if I remember right is around 5,600 atm.

Edited by Silenceo