Conquest 2.0

Silenceo

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting names thus far.

Also, going over V4 again, many changes that I think need to be made, but might as well toss a few out for discussion:

- Victory Class

Should it have both classes, or one, due to some inaccuracies? Should its price be lowered, due to it obviously not being close (weaponry wise) to those who are just a bit above it, such as the ISD, Keldabe, and such? With it going lower, it would drag a few others down as well...

- Fighters in general

Mostly, I am finding the number of fighters to be about where I want it to be, not outrageous but mostly still expensive than ground units will be. However, there are specific ones that need to be looked into more. Such as the high-quality ones that are not 100+. Should they be raised? Others lowered? Do tell.

- Battle Ship costs

Are they balanced to you, thus far? Should there be more increments? Do they all make sense? Should the SSD's be classed separately?

In general, I want to know what you all think on these 3 topics in general.

Also, going over V4 again, many changes that I think need to be made, but might as well toss a few out for discussion:

- Victory Class

Should it have both classes, or one, due to some inaccuracies? Should its price be lowered, due to it obviously not being close (weaponry wise) to those who are just a bit above it, such as the ISD, Keldabe, and such? With it going lower, it would drag a few others down as well...

- Fighters in general

Mostly, I am finding the number of fighters to be about where I want it to be, not outrageous but mostly still expensive than ground units will be. However, there are specific ones that need to be looked into more. Such as the high-quality ones that are not 100+. Should they be raised? Others lowered? Do tell.

- Battle Ship costs

Are they balanced to you, thus far? Should there be more increments? Do they all make sense? Should the SSD's be classed separately?

You could start of with why you disagree with almost all of my fighter suggestions.

- Victory Class

Personally I think that we should only have the Victory-II-Class. I do agree that it's price would need to be lowered, though how much would depend on factors like cargo etc.

- Fighters in general

Not too sure atm, I'll think about it and get back to you once I've educated myself further.

- Battle Ship costs

I think most of the Battleship costs are fine but why is the Subjugator more expensive than the Lurcehulk Battleship? I know the Subjugator is better armed but the other Battleship has loads more cargo.

- Battle Ship costs

Well am going to comment on this personal I say we should be limited to one SSD and that ship would be considered our fleet/Faction Flagship.Instead of like some fleets multiple.We could also add the 2.0 idea of flagship and when that ship is around your fleet gets a boost.

Mostly how the higher costs of fighters that you propose would go against a lot of what the balance I am aiming for.

The fighter balance is pretty good imo from what I've seen. No one has developed a fleet I could consider OP with the fighter numbers we have so I think all's good.

When will we be getting to ground forces and faction-making?

Edit: also, I watched all of Overlord yesterday + the specials. It needs a dub and a season two asap

Edited by StarSquirrel

Mostly how the higher costs of fighters that you propose would go against a lot of what the balance I am aiming for.

Its mainly the balance between fighters that I am concerned with. The fighter Suggestions I made were balanced around the older, more expensive fighter balance and are thus higher in absolute terms, but in relative terms there are still fighters that are too cheap compared to others. Of the top of my head the TIE Defender, Aleph, E-wing and K-wing currently are too cheap compared to other fighters.

Also what about the new fighters I wanted to add and the different versions of fighters I suggested?

Its mainly the balance between fighters that I am concerned with. The fighter Suggestions I made were balanced around the older, more expensive fighter balance and are thus higher in absolute terms, but in relative terms there are still fighters that are too cheap compared to others. Of the top of my head the TIE Defender, Aleph, E-wing and K-wing currently are too cheap compared to other fighters.

Also what about the new fighters I wanted to add and the different versions of fighters I suggested?

E-wing is super-cheap for how good it is. Honestly it is actually better than the Epsilon-class (only slightly) yet only half the price. Ofc I wouldn't mention it if it weren't for the fact that I *know* someone will bring up its cost later and either try to belittle the E-wing or get butthurt over slipping such a good ship through at such a low price.

However the K-wing has a *lot* of weaknesses and is in general a rather niche bomber. Its price is fine imo

The Aleph... idk honestly, would probably have to look into it more but I think you're right, it was one hell of a machine and should probably be very expensive.

The TIE Defender is fine as is. You honestly can't get more than a thousand before you start seeing diminishing returns (ie, the enemy will outnumber you by an insane amount) which means it fits perfectly in the category of elite fighter at its current cost.