The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Last Battlefront Fighter Squadron post! 20 minute video, all ships and maps

Nemarus

http://1drv.ms/1H1EjIX

Ships:

A-wing

X-wing

Falcon (hero ship earned by powerup)

TIE Fighter (brief--just didn't have a chance to get much footage before trial time ran out)

TIE Interceptor

Slave I (hero ship earned by powerup)

Maps:

Tatooine mountains

Tatooine canyon (dusk)

Hoth

Sullust

(fifth map Jakku coming free in December)

Note that in the video, there are both bot fighters and real player fighters. Bots are all in TIE Fighters and X-wings. Real players may be in TIE Fighters or X-wings, or they may be in A-wings or TIE Interceptors.

You can tell a real players in TIE Fighters and X-wings by the fact that their username appears when you get them under your reticle. Also, you kill one, you will hear radio chatter like "Rebel pilot down", "Nice shooting," etc.

As you can see by the scoreboards, at least some measure of GSF skill transfers. :) I can pretty casually clean up, and if I get a hero ship it's over.

Pros vs. GSF

-Matches are fast and constant. No waiting for queues. If I want to fly, I can do so instantly.

-Visuals and sound can't be beat.

-No Evasion!

-No entrenched fortifications to slow a match down.

-Bots mean even non-aces can score some kills and help the team .... or at least feel like they are doing so.

-Doing well in Fighter Squadron can quickly earn you rank/credits to buy ground game stuff!

Cons vs. GSF

-No distinct classes (though choosing to fly your faction's weaker ship in order to "blend in" with bots is interesting)

-No [Ops] or [Gsf] channel to get praised/cursed. Though if I got enough pilots I could get a TeamSpeak going.

-No customization. At least not yet.

-Not as much mechanical depth as GSF (though more than I expected).

-Only 1 combined objective/TDM gametype (though 5 maps as of December--same as GSF)

Overall, I suspect I will play both games. When I just want a quick hit of flying action, I'll go for Battlefront. When I want to fly with friends or queue while playing SWTOR, I'll go GSF.

Much like GSF and SWTOR, I'd probably play Battlefront exclusively for Fighter Squadron.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Edited by Nemarus