PVP matches for companions NEED to count WINS only!

Lhancelot

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you as well.

If you are not willing to say "Yes, only wins should counts towards the Weekly/Daily," then you have no legs to stand on re: making only wins count towards Pierce and 4X. So now, show me the posting history of people calling for losses to be removed from counting towards the WZ Weekly/Daily.

People did agree with me... so yeah

Just to chime in here as a PvE player who now run two characters through the PvP requirements - the reason some of us are doing it, despite not being fast or skilled (or in my case due to my hands being screwed), is that we physically can't reject the companion/skip recruiting them without doing the 20 matches.

Why does that matter? Welp, if we don't clear that companion mission we don't get any further companion missions from that contact, that means all other companions that follow are locked out, so even if I didn't want 4X but want to get the mission to re-recruit say, Iresso, I won't get the chance because I'll never get the mission.

I think the devs need to either switch it so you can reject the PvP-linked companions straight off or seriously lower the PvP requirements, down to say 5 matches or the medal suggestion someone posted upthread.

I don't want to PvP, I don't want to ruin other players enjoyment of the game, but if I want to move the companion chain along for future returning companions I have to, and while I try, I don't have the gear, the experience or the physical ability to contribute the way many seem to be demanding.

Why people come to a forum that they have no vested interest in to troll is beyond all form of reason.

Why some people don't seem to understand that this is actually and rimarily a PvE issue as opposed to a PvP one is really beyond all reason.

Just to chime in here as a PvE player who now run two characters through the PvP requirements - the reason some of us are doing it, despite not being fast or skilled (or in my case due to my hands being screwed), is that we physically can't reject the companion/skip recruiting them without doing the 20 matches.

Why does that matter? Welp, if we don't clear that companion mission we don't get any further companion missions from that contact, that means all other companions that follow are locked out, so even if I didn't want 4X but want to get the mission to re-recruit say, Iresso, I won't get the chance because I'll never get the mission.

And while we don't know for sure this will happen, Eric Musco did seem to imply that it might happen.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Why some people don't seem to understand that this is actually and rimarily a PvE issue as opposed to a PvP one is really beyond all reason.

And while we don't know for sure this will happen, Eric Musco did seem to imply that it might happen.

And considering the mission for Lokin required you to do the one for Qyzen before you got the alert, the chances are pretty good for the same thing to happen and knowing bioware........

Edited by ScarletBlaze

And considering the mission for Lokin required you to do the one for Qyzen before you got the alert, the chances are pretty good for the same thing to happen and knowing bioware........

Exactly - I don't want to be there, but if I don't do the matches all future companions in the chain are gone. Let me reiterate, I am trying in matches, but I'm not fast r geared so it's ulikely I'm being much help anyway. I'm sorry if that's ruining things for PvPrs but this one is down to the devs, not any deliberate malice on PvE players part.

I don't agree with people simply sitting matches out but that's their decision.

Guess what I'm saying is if you PvP players could cut us some slack, just for a while, we'll do what we need to do and move on, and hope the devs change the requirements. :(

Edited by Furtled

I think a big part of the problem is that we PvE players are not offered a lot of info on PvP, it's just say "go play 20 pvp matches, wins count 2x", that's it, kind of a "go in and have fun".

But that's not true, the disparity between players who don't know how to pvp and aren't geared for it, and those that do is huge, case in point, 2nd match I did, 5 Pub vs 1 Sith and the Sith guy wouldn't go down, I think it took a good 5 min to beat him into submission.

And it's that kind of thing that frustrates the PvP'ers as well, the fact that all these undergeared, uneducated players flood the matches, and, try as they might, ruin them.

The opposing side just needs one more dedicated, well geared PvP'er and it will be an easy win, cause that guy is worth at least 3 of the noobs.

I got into an argument with a dedicated PvP'er in that 2nd match, he told the the ungeared people to buy some pvp gear, or get out, cause they were ruining things for him.

An other guy replied that he couldn't buy stuff without playing first.

The PvP'er said we should have pvp'ed while leveling, and saved up the commendations for lvl 65 basic pvp gear.

I said only dedicated pvp'ers would play in such a way, and it wasn't our fault that a companion was locked behind a pvp mission, I think I used the "Blame Bioware" line.

He said, M1-4X wasn't a required companion, which I admitted was true, but I wanted him for completions sake on at least one character, a minute later he left.

I mean I understand the frustration the PvP'ers have, with both the afk'ers and the people who try but are are completely useless, due to skill, gear, and spec.

I don't know how to pvp in this game, nor do I really care to find out, I'll try to find out anyway, because I want at least make some effort, but in that way I'm rare probably, most people just hit that "Join Warzone" button till they fill the mission requirement, and just fight like they do in pve, and in some way even that's understandable.

And that gets me back to my original point, that we PvE'ers are basically told just join a warzone without any further info on how max lvl pvp works, I mean I had to come here, to this topic, to find out that my purple 208 gear is doing me more harm then good, and that I'd be better off just grabbing some green 190 or lower gear off the GTN so the bolster works, to actually have some change at playing decently.

If my limited experience in other MMO's pvp is any indication then at the least my utilities are all wrong for pvp, and probably my entire spec is wrong.

But can I be bothered to change all that for just 10 to 20 warzones, no, probably not, I probably should, to lighten the load on my fellow players, but is really worth the bother...I'm not sure.

But ya, some of us want Major Pierce/M1-4X, either for completions sake, and/or for the very real possibility that when Lana/Theron offers us the next companion in a future chapter he/she will be locked behind Major Pierce/M1-4X, forcing us pvp anyway.

And I don't know if counting just wins is the answer for this, because it going to keep people in the matches that much longer, you'll always will have to deal with afk'ers, but the people who are actually trying will often be so bad compared to a knowledgeable, dedicated, well geared pvp players it will still hurt you.

But of course you need to go and look for extra information before you start a new game mode & chat with people who are used to doing it. Preferably not in the middle of a war-zone. So, you are on the right track dropping in. :) Welcome to PvP, and please do not hesitate to ask questions.

But of course you need to go and look for extra information before you start a new game mode & chat with people who are used to doing it. Preferably not in the middle of a war-zone. So, you are on the right track dropping in. :) Welcome to PvP, and please do not hesitate to ask questions.

I think that's the problem here, most people won't, because it's part of the game they aren't interested in, but the part of the game they are interested in (the PvE part) is telling them that they have to PvP if they want this companion, so they queue up and just "whatever", and that's what's leading to most of the aggravation.

And I don't know if counting just wins is the answer for this, because it going to keep people in the matches that much longer, you'll always will have to deal with afk'ers, but the people who are actually trying will often be so bad compared to a knowledgeable, dedicated, well geared pvp players it will still hurt you.

Counting only wins is definitely not the answer. Making only wins count is not going to make them want to learn to PvP better or make them simply give up on the quests, it's just going to annoy them more. And they will be "forced" to join more WZs to get the lucky, freak "just by being there" wins they need. That is what those calling for "wins only" fail to understand. You, you 1337 PvPers, want to be more frustrated by a larger amount of WZs cluttered with scrubby, PvP-hating PvEers? "Wins only" will give that to you.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I think that's the problem here, most people won't, because it's part of the game they aren't interested in, but the part of the game they are interested in (the PvE part) is telling them that they have to PvP if they want this companion, so they queue up and just "whatever", and that's what's leading to most of the aggravation.

The choice is theirs to make, yes. :)

Its like having people have to craft something to get a PVP bonus it makes no sense to make it a requirement to get a companion. But if they're going to force it, It'd better for everyone if those without any PVP gear queue by themselves separate from those interested in gearing up for PVP. It would keep the fodder out of the regular pvp queue and let the pve crowd find out how it works with less frustration, not that they'd be happy but it would make it painless for the regular pvpers.

Part of that though is that PvP players can't choose who they run with except by leaving. It would be interesting if the devs tightened the booting rules to give PvPers a little more freedom. For example, in the 65 bracket at least, I think you should be able to boot someone who has less than say 1900 natural or bolstered expertise. If they can't figure out how to deal with bolster or get some PvP gear, then let them get booted.

Nothing stops FP or OPS players from booting people who are undergeared so it would be fair.

Edited by Master-Nala

Its like having people have to craft something to get a PVP bonus

Augments, augmentation kits, stims, you have to collect all the datacrons and complete conversations with the companions for bonuses unlocks, as well as 4 class stories for the performance boosts. If you ran ops in the past you could get a set bonus early on as well.

This game has a way to tying things together, and making things work well for a willing player.

Edited by DomiSotto

Augments, augmentation kits, stims, you have to collect all the datacrons and complete conversations with the companions for bonuses unlocks, as well as 4 class stories for the performance boosts. If you ran ops in the past you could get a set bonus early on as well.

This game has a way to tying things together, and making things work well for a willing player.

You don't have to craft any of that though. You can buy them. It could be surveying or some such other boring thing that people have no interest in, to give you something that is unrelated. It seems nonsensical.

Well, to buy it, you will likely need to grind PvE to get the credits. And to tell you the truth the only reason I persevered through the datacron run was for PvP's sake, since it was obvious the moment they became legacy that it will be basically optional but obligatory.

Part of that though is that PvP players can't choose who they run with except by leaving. It would be interesting if the devs tightened the booting rules to give PvPers a little more freedom. For example, in the 65 bracket at least, I think you should be able to boot someone who has less than say 1900 natural or bolstered expertise. If they can't figure out how to deal with bolster or get some PvP gear, then let them get booted.

That is totally contrary to the theory behind Bolster, so don't expect them to ever allow something like that. And even if they did, companion-seeking PvEers would simply queue up in the properly Bolstering PvE gear and sandbag just the same.

Nothing stops FP or OPS players from booting people who are undergeared so it would be fair.

PvE does not suffer from the same anemic player base as PvP. They want more people to PvP, thus all the recent "enticements."

There are only 2 solutions to this (as noted by many different people): either remove the WZ/Valor requirement from Pierce and 4X entirely, or make the quests dismissable to allow a player to proceed on to the next quest in the chain (should there be one).

Augments, augmentation kits, stims, you have to collect all the datacrons and complete conversations with the companions for bonuses unlocks, as well as 4 class stories for the performance boosts.

You don't have to have any of those things to PvP (just like PvEers don't have to have Pierce or 4X as a companion).

Edited by branmakmuffin