The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Transpose and PVE

xkcurtisx

im still saying to just scrap this ability, make Blitz baseline for Vanguard tanks (as it always has been prior to 4.0) and just give us back the old hold the line / hydraulics cooldown times. Me and a bunch of other VG/PT tanks would happily sacrifice this new 'ability' in return for the changes i just mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

My group has become accustomed to just where and when I'll use it to troll them in raids...so now it's even more worthless to me. They all know to just get more than 30m from me and keep moving. I'll never catch them with the stationary requirement and long cast. :rolleyes:

I don't expect them to change it with so many other things on their plate...but it is truly a worthless tool in PVE.

Tbh...if we're making a wish list (and understanding that the Dev's really hated our hydro cheesing...rip), what I'd really like is a fire/ice shield that absorbs/reflects elemental and/or internal damage. It could look so cool...and help mitigate our worst enemy.

Yes...I'm greedy. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok...so we figured out a legitimate use for Translocate:

In 16m M&B, while using three PT tanks, we double Translocate whenever 2-3 tanks get bombs and need to rotate in for a knockback. For example, Tank A has just taken a KB with Hydro's. Tank C still has their hydro's on cooldown from the previous knockback. Tank B has hydro's ready but is blocked by bombs and using hydro's to clear through will most likely result in a deadly knockback without hydro's. Tank B cannot cross into's Tank A's bomb without hydro's or will get blown into kingdom come. Accordingly, Tank C translocates Tank A. Tank B translocates Tank C. Tank B is now in Tank A's spot to take the knockback. The only tricky part is nailing the timing down (which isn't easy since the cast is long) and taunting as soon as you Translocate.

We were able to get the tactic down and did it at least five times. Here are the first two attempts at it...when we realized it would actually work:

https://youtu.be/NDDedW8djkc

Nice. Nevertheless i still think they need to remove the cast time.

And the stationary requirement. It is the only gap closer (is it even fair to call Translocate a gap closer?) with both a long cast and stationary requirement.

Edited by UberSamoyed

I'm pretty sure it has those things because of what it does for the other person. Iv'e only had it happen once but try tranposing someone in MB aim the knockback to hit both of u towards the wall and the person that gets transposed should actually survive the knock into the wall if they do not attack or heal, If that bastion effect was taken away i could personally see them relaxing or removing some of those stupid restrictions.

I'm pretty sure it has those things because of what it does for the other person. Iv'e only had it happen once but try tranposing someone in MB aim the knockback to hit both of u towards the wall and the person that gets transposed should actually survive the knock into the wall if they do not attack or heal, If that bastion effect was taken away i could personally see them relaxing or removing some of those stupid restrictions.

Are you sure? The ability only makes the target "benign." The Translocate definition reads: Swap places with a group member and bestow a benign presence upon them for up to 6 seconds. Targets with a benign presence are ignored by most enemies, cannot be leapt to or pulled, and are immune to interrupts and ability activation pushback until they use an aggressive or healing ability.

Are you sure? The ability only makes the target "benign." The Translocate definition reads: Swap places with a group member and bestow a benign presence upon them for up to 6 seconds. Targets with a benign presence are ignored by most enemies, cannot be leapt to or pulled, and are immune to interrupts and ability activation pushback until they use an aggressive or healing ability.

Nope i'm not 100% sure but the rare times it was used on myself that happened in one instance would personally love if someone could test it I haven't been in MB for a month now.

• 1 month later...

i found a use !

Last boss in assault on Korriban when the stunn droids come you can unstun a teammember with transpose. Only tried it on tactical mode though and was abit surprised it worked.