Am I doing this wrong?

So 4.0 made the story related flash points solo so you could experience the full story without stopping to group or something like that, but when I start Jedi Prisoner arc it wants me to do Taral V as a tactical flash point so what did I do wrong, the quest is purple implying its story and therefore solo, I checked to make sure Taral V is solo which it is, but it still won't let me do solo mode to complete quest.

So did I do something wrong or did they make the flash point solo without updating the Jedi Prisoner objectives to allow solo.

speak to the quest giver outside the door to enable the solomode IIRC

Yup. I made the mistake of not doing this in Battle for Ilum, so I ended up in there in normal mode as a 65, but of course all the wildlife was also level 65. I succeeded against the first boss, which was actually good fun, but the second boss fight (the two aliens outside the cave) were too much (or I was too rubbish for them, or something). I killed the sith one, but the gunner killed me straight after (as in, I had time to see the sith one die, then I died). I wouldn't have minded so much if the sith alien had stayed dead. Like that, I could have come back and taken down the gunner, but no, he came back from the dead.

Thank you very much, I figured out that when it auto gives you the tactical version you have to reset it before dropping it and picking up the solo, last time I simply dropped the tactical and picked up solo and it informed me I already had the flash point on a different difficulty set, so resetting the flash point before dropping and picking up solo version is whats needed.

You'd think dropping a flash point would automatically reset it but apparently not.