Concentration spec viable for PvE

DFike

Hi!

I am leveling my Sentinel right now and was really curious about the concentration spec. I tried doing some research but wasn't able to find much that was relatively recent. I hope to be doing FPs and Ops down the road with this class if I enjoy it enough. The one thing I did come across is that the Concentration spec does add a bit of survivability for the Sentinel which I have heard is an issue for the class. Is that true? And anyone know where I might find a decent Concentration build? Thanks

Hi!

I am leveling my Sentinel right now and was really curious about the concentration spec. I tried doing some research but wasn't able to find much that was relatively recent. I hope to be doing FPs and Ops down the road with this class if I enjoy it enough. The one thing I did come across is that the Concentration spec does add a bit of survivability for the Sentinel which I have heard is an issue for the class. Is that true? And anyone know where I might find a decent Concentration build? Thanks

Imo, Conc should only be used for Act I until other disciplines get their meat and taters. It is such an overkill for PvE and it isn't even that great given how it deals physical damage, got its arpen nerfed and as the number of Strong / Elite enemies ramps up...its damage plummets like an axe to the bottom of a sea. And during the Act I is such an overkill...really :D .

Trust me, from lvl 42 onwards, both Combat and Watchman are more fun and more effective.

^^ I'm going to go the opposite way, and say Conc is perfectly viable for PvE right up until endgame HM FPs and Ops, at which point the other two specs are slightly preferred.

But for solo stuff, dailies, and even heroic 2+ stuff and tactical flashpoints, Conc is perfectly fine. The fact is parses slightly behind the other 2 specs won't even be noticeable for the most part.

I tend to bounce between all 3 specs, personally.

TLDR: play what you like, unless your guild requests otherwise.

^^ I'm going to go the opposite way, and say Conc is perfectly viable for PvE right up until endgame HM FPs and Ops, at which point the other two specs are slightly preferred.

But for solo stuff, dailies, and even heroic 2+ stuff and tactical flashpoints, Conc is perfectly fine. The fact is parses slightly behind the other 2 specs won't even be noticeable for the most part.

I tend to bounce between all 3 specs, personally.

TLDR: play what you like, unless your guild requests otherwise.

+ it's a really chopped up discipline. I don't like how it plays-it doesn't fit a melee class at all imo.

+ it's a really chopped up discipline. I don't like how it plays-it doesn't fit a melee class at all imo.

Yeah, it is chopped up. But it doesn't make it any less viable because it's chopped up :)

It has instant burst - faster than the other 2 disciplines. Force Leap -> insta-crit AoE or single-target ability, your choice. BOOM. If you have Zen going, you'll have the force to spare to instantly follow up with a nice Conc Slice too. Great for when you need things dead *NOW*.

And that makes it kinda fun to play.

Edited by Aaramis