I don't understand...

armahone

Before 4.0, I could craft and make a "fair" amount for the amount of hours I invested. I now, feel like I am having to learn this all over again. I am normally crafted to keep my toons geared. I have all of the toons covering all of the bases. since the 20th of October, I have not been able to get a reengineered success in mods, enhancements, or armor. I have reengineered successfully in the past but I just went through over "ten" level 60 hilts for my "artifice" crafter, and did not get one success for reengineer to a "prototype". This part of the game is dead to me now. I am so frustrated. Is there any plain spoken guide on how to figure this out? Please.

If you're referring to archived gear (all old pre-4.0 schematics) I dont believe its possible to RE any of it (successfully); in fact I think all of them say 0% success chance. Anything newer (since 4.0) I believe has a chance of success that is higher than the #'s we saw pre 4.0, and instead of a random schematic you will learn an upgraded version of the piece youve RE'd.

Yeah, archived schematics can no longer be REd. Well, they can be taken apart but there are no new schematics available.

The new schematics have a higher chance to be REd to learn something, and all of them RE to a specific new schematic. If you successfully RE a piece of tank gear then you will learn how to make better tank gear. Period.

It is, however, possible, that some thing(s) could be bugged.

Thank you for your replies... I believe the gear I was trying to RE was level 60 gear. I could be wrong. I will go back to look at it better with a fresh pair of eyes.

No, the question is: was it from the "Archives" section of your crafting skill? If so, it won't be RE-able. (If the item was created before 4.0 went on line, it counts as an archive item.)

If you haven't gone to see the trainer for your skill since 4.0 started, go there first, and learn the new schematics. They are easier to RE (60% or 100%) than the old ones ever were.

Some of the archived stuff can still be RE'd to learn schematics, albeit at the old 20% chance. And strangely enough, some of my artificer's green-quality color crystals from Archives can be RE'd at the new 60% chance, and the new blue-quality schems go into the regular color crystals section with everything else instead of into Archives. It's weird.

Some of the archived stuff can still be RE'd to learn schematics, albeit at the old 20% chance. And strangely enough, some of my artificer's green-quality color crystals from Archives can be RE'd at the new 60% chance, and the new blue-quality schems go into the regular color crystals section with everything else instead of into Archives. It's weird.

Interesting, this would sound like a fortuitous bug because I was sure they said you wouldn't be able to RE any of the items from "archive" anymore for schematics. That is to say if you crafted something from archive, gave it to a friend they could not RE it.