Having issues with the Launcher

StevetheRobot

I got a new computer a few months ago and had to reinstall the game. I was dreading it because of the long download times. I have a box copy of the original game and the launcher is downloading at an unreasonably slow pace.

I'm currently downloading at 24kpbs. I know it's not my connection causing this because when I pause the download and use all my other devices nothing is running or downloading that slow.

I've also been monitoring my network usage and bandwith for the past four hours and of the potential 7mbps that my connection is capable of. Only 2% of a single mb is being used by this launcher.

So can someone please tell me how I can switch over to the new streaming launcher so I can play while downloading? Cause you guys aren't letting me download this at even close to an okay speed.

Which leads me to believe that you guys are trying to discourage people from using the old launcher for god knows what reason.

I'd appreciate some help here.

easiest way is right mouse click on the game shortcut and select open file location , you will see it there , double click on it and open with notepad

or open notepad select all file types and navigate to that location

best to ask these questions ANSWERS HQ next time , this forum doesn't normally get help with this

Edited by OwenBrooks