Fallen Empire Chapter 9 Conversations

Gensee

After this mornings patch I went in to continue Chapter 9. Yesterday I had already spoken with Theran and needed to speak with the Hutt. When I initiated the conversation the screen went to letterbox, with the last statement of the Hutt on the top of the screen and my choices listed to the left on the bottom of the screen. When I made my selection my character didn't speak or move, but the Hutt responded as if I had. Is this how conversations are going to be going forward or is this a glitch?

This is how conversations were done in KOTOR I think. I hope this is temporary or I am quiting.

I disagree. I love it.

More dialogue options, more words, more story and less confusing shorthands in dialogue wheel. I'd happily give up on voice acting for that.

Yes, I see now that this seems only to be for the alliance leaders. I know that that's how they did things in older games and frankly was surprised to see it here as it feels like a step (or two) backwards, especially after coming all this way with full conversations. I still don't know why they couldn't have full conversations even with more response options as these conversations seem very awkward now. Thanks for the replies.