Please Fix Quest Tracker Not Updating When Looting Quest Items

KaimanaTOR

Doing the Jedi Consular story line quest "Executive Order 228" on Balmorra, near the end you have to kill the Head Jailer and loot his key card to release the rest of the prisoners to finish the quest chain. I killed him and looted the key card it shows in my "Mission Items" tab of my inventory however, the quest didn't update. Exited the instanced area, still no quest update. Log out of the game and back in. The quest updated, the key card still shows in my Mission Items tab, but now there is no interactive item anywhere in the instanced area for me to use the key card. I exit the instanced area again, reset the quest, which starts me all the way at the beginning of the "Executive Order 228" quest chain.

This is not the only quest I've had this issue with. There are any number of planetary heroic quests (I've submitted bug reports whenever I encounter this problem) that don't track / update looted quest items correctly and I've had the issue as well with a Jedi Knight story line quest. Eventually I was able to complete the JK quest.

Please look into this issue, it's beginning to get frustrating, especially when it comes to having to repeat / progress through story line quests.

Yes, I've had a few heroics I've had to abandon because this sort of bug made them incompleteable. One that comes to mind is also on Balmorra where you need some kind of access card. I looted one, but it didn't register, kept running around, looting more and more until I had a handful in my mission tab, but the game never recognized them or updated the quest. :(

This has happened to me twice.

I have the mission item in my inventory, but as you say, the log doesn't update and you can't turn it in at a dropbox.

You have to just reset the quest and try again.

I've never had the same quest fail twice in a row though.

EDIT: Another thread in here noted that it's due to "autoloot" and taking all.

If you want to be extra careful, you have to turn that off in Preferences before you do a heroic and loot the quest item individually.

Edited by Zopust

You do not have to turn anything off.

Select a mob with your mission drop (one with the golden loot marker), click the mob to open the loot screen and then click the loot item you need. You can loot any and all mission items, they will count as long as one of the items you need is on the mob you open the loot screen on.