The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

if you dont like new version of story format

cudarat

I love the new expansion but hate that some missions have a stupid new chat design that makes it not have your guy respond making it not feel like im there. I hope all chat format doesn't turn into what I feel is lazy cheap format .

So if any one else feels same way please post here so new chapters arnt crap like this .

I love the new expansion but hate that some missions have a stupid new chat design that makes it not have your guy respond making it not feel like im there. I hope all chat format doesn't turn into what I feel is lazy cheap format .

So if any one else feels same way please post here so new chapters arnt crap like this .

That's only for the alliance system. You realize that Yavin, Rishi, and Makeb side quests had zero interaction, right? This is much better than that.

I found the first 8 chapters fascinating while noticing there were very few open areas where you saw other players. When I got to chapter 9 and encountered the KOTR style conversations I was shocked. My initial reaction was ok, now it might be time to give up this game if this is how it will continue. Those conversation scenes were the thing that set SWTOR apart from all the other games. Even ESO uses glorified talking heads but at least there is an intimacy in that you feel like you are looking directly at them instead of from behind you character's back like you are not your character. Secret World does a better job in that at least you see your character from the front if not talking.

On the subject of actually quitting the game, I've been a continuous subscriber since the game started and currently have 50 characters over 4 servers (I might be obsessed). Giving up my subscription means turning my back on a lot of history. Going free-to-play means almost as serious an impact. Right now I am viewing KOTFE as a separate game from SWTOR once a got over the loss of my character's companions, which still hurts a bit.

I found the first 8 chapters fascinating while noticing there were very few open areas where you saw other players. When I got to chapter 9 and encountered the KOTR style conversations I was shocked. My initial reaction was ok, now it might be time to give up this game if this is how it will continue. Those conversation scenes were the thing that set SWTOR apart from all the other games. Even ESO uses glorified talking heads but at least there is an intimacy in that you feel like you are looking directly at them instead of from behind you character's back like you are not your character. Secret World does a better job in that at least you see your character from the front if not talking.

On the subject of actually quitting the game, I've been a continuous subscriber since the game started and currently have 50 characters over 4 servers (I might be obsessed). Giving up my subscription means turning my back on a lot of history. Going free-to-play means almost as serious an impact. Right now I am viewing KOTFE as a separate game from SWTOR once a got over the loss of my character's companions, which still hurts a bit.

I don't get these complaints. They're side missions. Have you ever done any Makeb, Yavin, or Rishi side missions? You just accept the quest and move on. There's no choices. No decisions etc. The KOTOR style "talking" is only for side missions which lately in the expansions had no voice dialogue or interaction at all. Also there's a terminal to get your previous companions back. You'll also get them as the story progresses but if you don't want to wait there's that.

Next chapter releases will feature the normal quest dialogue.

Edited by Rhyltran