Looting Mission Items with AoE loot can force them not to register

Tytelr

I noticed this happening from 4.0 onward (granted, I wasn't very active before then). Let's say there are three enemies in a group and one has a specific drop that you need to advance a quest. All three drop some loot and you right click one that isn't holding the mission item. You will receive all the loot, as intended. However, the quest will not advance to the next stage. You'll have the mission item in question in your inventory, but it won't have counted toward completion.

I've been able to replicate this multiple times across several different characters/quests (most notably in heroics). Speaking of heroics and other quests that have you loot multiple mission items of the same name: looting the enemy that doesn't have the mission item in question does just as stated above, failing to register properly. However, you can defeat another group of enemies and loot the one holding the mission item in question and suddenly the game recognizes that you already had a few of them (and updates accordingly).

It's not impossible to work around, but it becomes incredibly frustrating in quests like on a new Jedi Knight that I started this morning. In the quest Dark Temptations, you need to loot Laotah's Lightsaber. There are two flesh raiders in that particular group, one of which is holding said item. Looting the one that doesn't hold the item means I have to reset the phase to do it again (and if you're me, you get locked out of resetting the phase because you're really tired and accidentally looted the wrong one again <______<).

So yeah, let this serve as a warning/plea to get this fixed. I'm sure others have noticed this already, but I didn't see a post about it.