Chapter VI Heskal Fight Bug led to breaking quest

KingStarfish

Yesterday, I reached the point in KotFE where I was fighting Heskal. I had invited a friend to join me in my group, and summoned him to my instance using the Summon Group to Story Mission command (from right-clicking on my portrait.) The fight with Heskal proceeded normally up until the point where I received special force powers from Valkorion. At that point, Heskal "vanished" and did not re-appear. In confusion, I tried to reset the mission, which brought me back to the Imperial Station.

As yet, I am unable to resume where I left off. The Mission Tracker does not have a "play" button; it still simply says "Defeat Heskal." My reset and abandon buttons in the log screen are blanked out, and I have no idea where to go. I submitted a trouble ticket at the time, but as of this writing it has not been answered.

A friend and I just experienced this same issue. After experimenting, I found that since I was in her story I could do "/stuck" which killed me instantly. Rather than reviving at the med center I just stayed dead and Heskal continued to fight her so she was able to get to the next stage of the story. I am not sure how this would help with you situation but you may be able to get your friend to go with you again and when in the fight they could do what we did. Sorry to hear that the story is bugged like this when bringing a friend along. I expect much better from a game that makes a good amount of money from their user base.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
The fight with Heskal proceeded normally up until the point where I received special force powers from Valkorion. At that point, Heskal "vanished" and did not re-appear. In confusion, I tried to reset the mission, which brought me back to the Imperial Station.

As yet, I am unable to resume where I left off. The Mission Tracker does not have a "play" button; it still simply says "Defeat Heskal." My reset and abandon buttons in the log screen are blanked out, and I have no idea where to go. I submitted a trouble ticket at the time, but as of this writing it has not been answered.

I had the same thing happen to me a few minutes ago, and I was solo, so it's not a 'someone else killing the phantoms' bug. I finally got the chapter to reset, after using alt-F4 to crash my client, logging in (still couldn't reset phase -- said I was 'still inside'), jumping to my stronghold (no reset phase option, no reset for mission), logging out, then back in (same), and finally exiting my stronghold to my ship and flying to Zakuul, at which point the Reset button for the mission finally came up. Now I have to go through the whole first part of the mission again and whack Tanno again to show I'm not someone to be trifled with.