Can't login to characters on the guild ship

UlaVii

This just started this afternoon, I can't login with any of them. The loading screen remains for ages until I'm booted back to server select with a message my server is under maintenance.

"Your characters on this server are currently unavailable due to maintenance. Please try again at a later time."

There's a thread about this in the EA Answers forum already with no reply. I'm just posting this here to make sure it's seen somewhere. I'm hoping the message displayed on the server select is correct and it's just a case that they forgot to tell us in the DevTracker, we have a Halloween raid tonight and I'd hate to have to tell my guild that Gremlins got into the EA server room :(

ToFN

Edited by UlaVii

I have a problem when I try to travel to my guildship. I hear the noise and then nothing happens. The game acts like I'm red x'ing but chat and my server lag keep on going. Then I get kicked to the server screen with the same message about maintenance.

Unable to login on my main character. The sign of it not happening is denoted by the loading screen NOT showing a loading progress bar right off the bat. It just never happens as if having never existed before.

After an extremely long time I got only this message.

"Your characters on this server are currently unavailable due to maintenance. Please try again at a later time."

And get thrown back into the server seletion menu.

The character is stuck in the Yavin 4 stronghold.

Edited by Rasyel

I had a guildmate who called BW and his chars were moved of the GS, so he could play. BW said the best way to go is to put in character/companion ticket telling which chars are locked and they will move ...

It's all a Lie! I made that ticket on character/lag and a ticket on connection/lag and they don't unlock. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Imo the best way is to over float BW call center so the get that this is a real problem.

Edited by Insomniaze
typo

Day #2, same problem. I submitted a bug report to this forum (this thread) and I replied to the one in the EA Answers site and I submitted 2 tickets in game, one to Account/Billing and the other to Character/Companion. I only asked for one character to be moved to fleet and still nothing.

The irony is that I had all my characters on the guild ship and strong in case they vanished again so I could pop them back and now the void has also swallowed my characters!

With no official reply here or the EA Answers post and neither of my in-game tickets to "Account/Billing" and "Character/Companion" getting a response I caved and rang them up. Less than 5 minutes in the queue and a short conversation later and now my character is on fleet. The Customer Service guy I got acknowledged the problem straight away, we ran through the security questions and then he asked which character I would like moved. Put me on hold and boom, character is back on fleet while I'm still in the phone call.

Several of my guild members have had success after calling them. The Customer Service hero that sorted my problem out was called Russel :cool:

Customer Service Phone Numbers, make sure the game is fully closed when you ring them.

Now I just have to avoid the urge to return to the guild ship before I logout :)

Edited by UlaVii

Ring them again. Some support people are flat out denying they can help, others are straight away helping.

We tested the "remove them from guild" option and it worked. The way we did it was that one of my officers was on the long loading screen. In guild it didn't show that he was online. I removed him from guild and it changed to a different loading screen for him and he landed on fleet. We've done this with a few people now, quite easy to co-ordinate with a teamspeak server :)

One thing to keep in mind is that they will lose any conquest points they earned towards their guild weekly. The still have their personal points and the points don't get taken away from the guild.