Is it just me or is the Knights of the fallen empire story screwed up???

Geosepii

Just wondering how Thexan and Arcann battled the Sith and Republic togather when Thexan was already dead when you first meet them in the beginning of the story line.. Before you are put in carbon freeze

reading the opening scrawl would have told you that the events in the trailer happened BEFORE KOTFE began. (as would have noting Arcan already had his cybernetics)

Just wondering how Thexan and Arcann battled the Sith and Republic togather when Thexan was already dead when you first meet them in the beginning of the story line.. Before you are put in carbon freeze

The opening trailer shows what are prewar raids, not the conquest. Marr does not know that Arcann was maimed in the Korriban raid; they have that down in their logs as "unknown force" so they likely didn't see the results of the airstrike that tore him to shreds.

There's also some dialogue about it before you get frozen. Something about your only outposts in/near wild space being mysteriously destroyed. Then when you talk to Arcann it's like:

Arcann: "you don't even know who's territory you invaded"

You: "I don't think we invaded first, was it you that destroyed our outposts"

Arcann: "we tested your strength"

Marr: "you seem to have suffered for it"

Arcann: "not as much as your people"

My two cents on the story.

From a tactical stand-point, fighting a war on multiple fronts is a very bad idea, as actual history has shown us. I don't care how advanced the eternal empire is, or how powerful it's force-users are, the fact remains their military and it's battlefield generals(including the twins) are un-tested in actual warfare compared to both the Republic and Sith empires military generals/Sith/Jedi commanders, who have fought wars with each other, and other neutral system factions( Ord-mantel, Balmorra, Hoth, etc).

Now, i'm not saying the Zakuul military under the leadership of the twins would not do some serious damage, but in the end, fighting a war on multiple fronts, and the lack of experience(Arcanns inexperience was the most visible.

) compared to the enemies, would end the war in the Sith/Republics favor.

In conclusion. the Sith empire and Republic are very formidable. Fight them while they are ALLIED with one another is a bad idea as Shadow of Revan showed us( which had former dark council members/generals on Revans side); Therefore to beat the Republic/Sith Empire so easily with un-tested battlefield commanders/generals is weak writing. Not saying the overall story is bad. I'm saying the part about the Zakuul empire taking both factions over is hard to believe without the Zakuul empire seriously hurting from it.

Edited by cool-dude

This may be as good a place to ask a question instead of just making an entire thread. Does anyone know what planets Zakuul raided in their initial strike at the Republic and Empire other than Korriban? Looking more on the Republic side for a story I'm piecing. Searched quite a bit and only found that some think Taris was one. If so I'll just utilize that but rather make certain or as close to certain as one can get with the limited info provided ((unless I totally missed something which is possible)).

Thanks for any assistance.

My two cents on the story.

From a tactical stand-point, fighting a war on multiple fronts is a very bad idea, as actual history has shown us. I don't care how advanced the eternal empire is, or how powerful it's force-users are, the fact remains their military and it's battlefield generals(including the twins) are un-tested in actual warfare compared to both the Republic and Sith empires military generals/Sith/Jedi commanders, who have fought wars with each other, and other neutral system factions( Ord-mantel, Balmorra, Hoth, etc).

Now, i'm not saying the Zakuul military under the leadership of the twins would not do some serious damage, but in the end, fighting a war on multiple fronts, and the lack of experience(Arcanns inexperience was the most visible.

) compared to the enemies, would end the war in the Sith/Republics favor.

In conclusion. the Sith empire and Republic are very formidable. Fight them while they are ALLIED with one another is a bad idea as Shadow of Revan showed us( which had former dark council members/generals on Revans side); Therefore to beat the Republic/Sith Empire so easily with un-tested battlefield commanders/generals is weak writing. Not saying the overall story is bad. I'm saying the part about the Zakuul empire taking both factions over is hard to believe without the Zakuul empire seriously hurting from it.

The point of the story was that there WASN'T that kind of of Alliance- and yes, that would have meant Zakuul lost, badly. They lost because they were still fighting each other while Zakuul stomped their shipyards, vital worlds, and eventually homeworlds due to its stupidly advanced fleet.

The point of the story was that there WASN'T that kind of of Alliance- and yes, that would have meant Zakuul lost, badly. They lost because they were still fighting each other while Zakuul stomped their shipyards, vital worlds, and eventually homeworlds due to its stupidly advanced fleet.

And to add to that they still fight each other. Also people forget that the Zakul empire is technologically more advanced their ships have way more powerful firepower and are way faster with better shields. How to put it is like Napoleon vs Great Britain no matter how experience you are in war and brilliant it does not make up for the fact that your enemy has a way bigger and more advanced fleet that could sunk your fleets 2 times.

This is how it was the sith empire and the Rebublic have more experience in war but it does not matter because the enemy has such a powerful fleet that it does not even let you go of your planet as Great Britain did to Napoleon.

So what if you have the best land army in the world if you can not use it to attack us.

Edited by adormitul