The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Emperor [Spoilers KotFE]

bigdogofbria

So since the reveal that Valkorian and Vitiate are apparently the same guy I was wondering if we might see a resurrected Palpatine in Episode VII.

Since the EU was struck from canon and Old Republic is canon only unto itself, we don't really know much about Palpy beyond what he tells to Anakin. The EU has gone into his backstory and Darth Plaugeis's as well, but, unless I'm not up on something recent we really don't know about Palpy's life before Ep1.

I also heard a rumor that the cash infusion BW got to make KotFE possible had something to do with EA and Disney's desire to connect TOR to the new films and cash in. If Valkorian and Vitiate are one in the same, the immortal emperor, than why not throw Palpy in there as well?

The EU and Old Republic canon has both Palpy and the Sith Emperor resurrected a bunch of times, and I always thought Palpy's death in RotJ was too easy. The guy is the most powerful force user in the galaxy, he can single handedly take out 4 jedi masters and beats yoda 1v1 but he turns his back on Vader for a minute and he's dead forever?

TL,DR. I wouldn't be suprised if the being known as the Sith Emperor turns out to be Palpatine in addition to Valkorian, Vitiate, whoever else, and shows up in the new film .