Problems with game performance - unplayable

WonderBoxer

I have been playing on and off since release and everytime I reinstall the game the game performance has been getting worse every time with the same computer. I know about the bad engin and bla bla bla and yes my performance went down after 3.0 but its always been playable even in 16man operations, but this time its really a huge difference.

Computer: Asus G74SX (Gaming Laptop)

-Intel Core i7-2630QM

-Nvidia Geforce 560m GTX

-12 gigs of Ram

I am obviously not expecting 80 fps on Ultra, but I have always been able to run highest resulution and a mixture of low/medium/high settings and get 40-60 fps with only occasionnal stutter.

But now after reinstalling for 4.0, the game shoots down to 1-5 fps every 10-30 seconds and then back up to 40-60 which makes the game pretty much unplayable. Cutscenes run at a smooth 60 FPS with good resolution and most settings at low, but while actually playing Frame rate drops to 1-5 and then back up, more frequently when more things are going on like Flashpoints etc.

I have tested many things out with lowest possible resolution and settings all the way to high and the graphic settings and resolution make 0 difference

These are the things I have tried so far:

-Nvidia Geforce experience app and proper GPU card settings

-SWTOR Unleashed

-Throttlestop (may or may not have set up properly)

Does anyone else have this issue or would know how to fix ?

I had a similar problem....

MY game use to start up fine and well into the game (random times but always happened) it would start to stutter and get really slow.

One day i Ctrl+Alt+Del and in Task Manager saw a service called "Com host" (i think) was running around 4gb usage which was very high. It use to differ in size and i sometimes caught it going up and up by keeping my eye on the service.

Killing this service immediately worked. Sometimes it would start up again so you had to kill it until it did not come up again.

Search the forums for my post regarding this, i think in the technical forum section. I may be wrong with some terminology but that's the skinny of it.

My computer is old and Im in the process of building a new one luckily. That being said, there were certain things that were impossible, 16 man ops for one, drop to a literal slide show. I could do 8 man, and WZ with little hiccups here or there, but playable. Solo content, especially when other's aren't around (instance), ran fine aside from a few specific locations (Rishi).

Since the update, I've only done solo stuff, mostly in my own instance, and am finding the game freezing up for 5 to 10 seconds here or there, much more general lag (which I had almost none before) in instanced areas. I manage, and luckily when it happens during a boss fight or something, the content is so easy Im still alive and kicking when it unhangs lol.

I'm skeptical that group stuff with 4 players, let alone 8 and 16 (in the case of WZ), will now be unplayable. Hopefully the alliance stuff (I can solo the heroic Star Fortresses) will keep me busy enough while I wait on the rest of my build to come in.

I doubt that this has any connection to the KoFE update specifically. It sounds more likely that you've coincidentally picked up a virus or malware that's running in the background. (Or it could even be a legit app. Do a virus/malware scan and check what processes are running in the background.

To the guy above that keeps stopping "com.host" - you should try to find out what is launching that process.

Edit - or, it could be Microsoft loading Windows 10 in the background.

Edited by JediQuaker