The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars: Who would you be?

PadsterPwns

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shien is a defensive form.

Isn't Shien a mix? It's philosophy is "Peace through superior firepower" and it's main design is to deflect blaster bolts back at the attacker and if applied in duels it still follows the same idea of Djem-So, that being make a block then an immediate counter-attack. Besides Shien was made because the Masters of the time thought that Soresu was too passive and didn't have any proper offensive measures, so I'd say it's a mix.

1) What race would you be? Cathar

2) Would you be a Jedi, Sith or something else? Lightside Sith Banished from the order

3) If you would be a Jedi or Sith, who would your master be? Ashara

4) What Form of Lightsaber combat would you specialize in (feel free to pick one-three forms or a hybrid style)? Aataru and Makashi

5) Would you take an apprentice and if so who? Torian

1) What race would you be?

Corellian Human - I have always like the lore Behind the planet in fact my RP family (my galaxies character is related to my TOR character) were from there.

2) Would you be a Jedi, Sith or something else?

Green Jedi - Despite my distaste for the British government i am very proud to be British so i can see myself as someone who if i was a jedi id serve there.

3) If you would be a Jedi or Sith, who would your master be?

Kyle Katarn - DISNEY WILL NEVER KILL HIM OFF but seriously he was of my favorite characters and i dooo hope he becomes cannon at some point.

4) What Form of Lightsaber combat would you specialize in (feel free to pick one-three forms or a hybrid style)?

Form VII - From a realistic standpoint am i man whos quick to anger but im also someone who knows when to channel that anger and not do or say something rash mostly because it has gotten me into trouble before, so this form would probably work for me.

5) Would you take an apprentice and if so who?

Nadia - Of all the padawans/ apprentices she is my favorite, i didn't romance her as i wanted my sage to be a true jedi and her conversations are exactly what id expect from someone who is new to the force, she ask so many questions and i really felt like i was guiding her i love that about her and id love to help shape her mind some more in the future (doubt we will TBH)

Zabrak, for some reason, i have always found them interesting. From Darth Maul to Kao Cen Darach.

Jedi, I'm very much a typical good jedi

Depending on the era, either Kao Cen Darach or Obi Wan Kenobi. Obi Wan because he's my favorite Star Wars character, Darach being my favorite from the game trailer.

4) What Form of Lightsaber combat would you specialize in (feel free to pick one-three forms or a hybrid style)?

Soresu and Shien

i'd say yes eventually, but really not sure who.

My views on pragmatic sith below

I kinda view a pragmatic Sith as comparable to a general in an ancient Empire (Rome in particular but also Greece or Persia) or like the Lords/Dukes/Earls etc... of Medieval aristocracy. (won't step on a landmine by using modern examples)

Basically people who wield immense power over their subjects within a highly structured society. There are rules as to how killings can take place, who can be killed, how, when etc... and authorities or rivals to strip you of your power if you display blatant disregard for the norms.

In all honesty, Sith aren't particularly worse than some of the leaders from earth's past. Granted, people we might not want to emulate in today's society but not wholly or innately evil nor insane (aside from the lunatics who do just crave destruction).

Besides, I'm sure you can find equivalents of sith (in theoretical terms of personal ideology/morality) in our modern world who are morally disreputable but operate within legal (or semi-legal) means in the pursuit of their own power/goals/desires etc... Some of these people we often even envy.

Point I'm getting at, if you aren't overly concerned with morality or have your own definition of morality then being a Sith isn't a great leap (cept for the whole force-powers thing) and most Sith don't ever seem to be insane.

All that said, I'd like being a pragmatic Sith for the structure more than most things. I also wouldn't mind just travelling the galaxy and learning new force-stuff from various groups/traditions as some kind of unaffiliated force-user either. That idea appeals to be a bit more I think.

I like your comparison, it seems to work well.

I would be a Chiss, I've always loved their character design. Plus they have a crazy fast metabolism, so I can eat as much as I want and not get fat. On a more serious note I just find them infinitely interesting.If not a Chiss, a Zabrak.

A Jedi, and one that only acted so in accordance to the light side of the force.

Kyle Katarn. I think it is important to have a master that can empathize with his students, and given Kyle Katarn's dark actions, he can do so more readily than most other Jedi. Instead of bashing away a student's un-jedi like thoughts and actions with "Jedi don't do that", he can actually sympathize on a humanizing level, and prove why such actions are harmful. He has lived that life himself so he would know. Plus he can pull powers from the dark side and not give into its temptations, so there is definitely something very strong-willed about him.

Shii-Cho and Jar'kai. Where most people seem to write-off Shii-Cho as a "bad" lightsaber form, it is actually extremely powerful when taken to a master level. Coupled with Jar'kai, would be extremely unpredictable and unrelenting. Basically I would want the force to use me in a fight, rather than me use the force, and Shii-Cho is perfect for that.

I probably wouldn't want an apprentice because I would want to work as a Jedi Sentinel and constantly be on the move. But if I had to pick one, I would probably pick Shado Vao. Not really sure why, he just seems cool and would make good company haha

Edited by PurpleDelirium

I would be a Chiss, I've always loved their character design. Plus they have a crazy fast metabolism, so I can eat as much as I want and not get fat. On a more serious note I just find them infinitely interesting.If not a Chiss, a Zabrak.

A Jedi, and one that only acted so in accordance to the light side of the force.

Kyle Katarn. I think it is important to have a master that can empathize with his students, and given Kyle Katarn's dark actions, he can do so more readily than most other Jedi. Instead of bashing away a student's un-jedi like thoughts and actions with "Jedi don't do that", he can actually sympathize on a humanizing level, and prove why such actions are harmful. He has lived that life himself so he would know. Plus he can pull powers from the dark side and not give into its temptations, so there is definitely something very strong-willed about him.

Shii-Cho and Jar'kai. Where most people seem to write-off Shii-Cho as a "bad" lightsaber form, it is actually extremely powerful when taken to a master level. Coupled with Jar'kai, would be extremely unpredictable and unrelenting. Basically I would want the force to use me in a fight, rather than me use the force, and Shii-Cho is perfect for that.

I probably wouldn't want an apprentice because I would want to work as a Jedi Sentinel and constantly be on the move. But if I had to pick one, I would probably pick Shado Vao. Not really sure why, he just seems cool and would make good company haha

You win the thread, the power of Shii-Cho is often underrated! :D

I'd be a no name dock worker at some spaceport on a dull planet. Not too far of from what I do now. Let's be honest, if we aren't "special" on this world how would it be any different on another planet? I'm good with it. Bills are paid and my family isn't hungry.

I'd be a no name dock worker at some spaceport on a dull planet. Not too far of from what I do now. Let's be honest, if we aren't "special" on this world how would it be any different on another planet? I'm good with it. Bills are paid and my family isn't hungry.

Fair point, this was just a fun thread idea.

1) What race would you be?I would choose Human

I would have to be a Sith but I could see myself being Redeemed.

I would say Mace Windu or runner up would be Jaina Solo and Kyp Durron,For a Sith Darth Cedaus or Darth darth krayt

If am lucky and Good enough Vaapad with a little bit of Shein and Djem so also Nimman.

Starkiller all the way one of my favorite character and just a Bad***** in the force.

I would also take Lana Benko under my wing for umm lessons.:D

1) What race would you be?I would choose Human

I would have to be a Sith but I could see myself being Redeemed.

I would say Mace Windu or runner up would be Jaina Solo and Kyp Durron,For a Sith Darth Cedaus or Darth darth krayt

If am lucky and Good enough Vaapad with a little bit of Shein and Djem so also Nimman.

Starkiller all the way one of my favorite character and just a Bad***** in the force.

You seem far too nice to be a Sith, also nice lightsaber form choices.

I would also take Lana Benko under my wing for umm lessons.:D

I'm guessing you'd teach her 'lightsaber' lessons? :D

You seem far too nice to be a Sith, also nice lightsaber form choices.

That's why I'll be the perfect Sith your never know until its to late.Look at Dark Sidious no one know he was a Sigh until it was to late be careful or you might be in the same position.:p

Thank you I believe they would compliment each other very well and allow me to use my force abilities to bolster myself while in a duel.

I'm guessing you'd teach her 'lightsaber' lessons? :D

Of course have you seen her blade work its very sloppy much work we most do to improve her Form we must.:D

Side note hey I have a question for you?

We started Conquest over next month and I was wondering if you was thinking about Joining?

Edited by Jarons

Of course have you seen her blade work its very sloppy much work we most do to improve her Form we must.:D

Side note hey I have a question for you?

We started Conquest over next month and I was wondering if you was thinking about Joining?

I really appreciate you asking me to join but wow Conquest looks complicated! I've never actually read through the Conquest thread but just looking through it now I can gather that it's like building a fleet and trying to win against other participants but could you explain a bit more of it to me? Also how much time do you need to dedicate to it? Again I'm flattered you asked but I just want to make sure I can actually do it. :o

I really appreciate you asking me to join but wow Conquest looks complicated! I've never actually read through the Conquest thread but just looking through it now I can gather that it's like building a fleet and trying to win against other participants but could you explain a bit more of it to me? Also how much time do you need to dedicate to it? Again I'm flattered you asked but I just want to make sure I can actually do it. :o

Sil is starting a completely new game aproximately after christmas so you wouldnt have to be familiar with any of the old stuff. You basically start of with your fleet and geadually expand your faction creating new characters, interacting with others, fighting, conquering, spying, researching, building, recruiting or doing whatever else you want to do. It can be time consuming, but you can always take a break if you dont have time. Really the game is very fun and not at all difficult, you will however have to keep track of increasing lots of data.

Edit: you really dont have to feel humbled for being invited, everyone is welcome

Edited by raandomname

Sil is starting a completely new game aproximately after christmas so you wouldnt have to be familiar with any of the old stuff. You basically start of with your fleet and geadually expand your faction creating new characters, interacting with others, fighting, conquering, spying, researching, building, recruiting or doing whatever else you want to do. It can be time consuming, but you can always take a break if you dont have time. Really the game is very fun and not at all difficult, you will however have to keep track of increasing lots of data.

Edit: you really dont have to feel humbled for being invited, everyone is welcome

Sure then, I love strategy games (hoping a new Star Wars one comes out soon) so I might as well try. When you say keep track of a lot of data do you mean like waiting for things to be produced, when things end etc.? Thanks for the quick reply.

Well Silenceo, Karadon and Star could probably explain it a lot better then I can but I'll try.

With the addition of us Using Google docs it became a lot faster and easier to mircomange the game and our Factions.Just make a Doc with what you want done for that week and share it with Sil and he would run the numbers and look at the data and make it happen which could lead to several In character events.

Really What the game basically is is a Giant game of Risk or Civlization but with a star wars setting.You have to Navigate the Galaxy as a whole making friends and Allies wherever you can to build up your faction and make it a Galactic power.You can do this anyway you want for example Tunewalker faction was a Giant business who had his hands in just about everything.

The game starts with you creating a fleet yes and ground forces and a leader but you never have to fight another player if you don't want to.You can even just be have a hippy diplomatic faction who just preach love and Spice man.Overall the General Idea of the game is to expand and build a Galatic power anyway you want and leave your mark on the Galaxy.You can work with other players faction and even NPC faction like the Galactic Empire or the Old Republic to ally with.In the end which will take some time for us to reach

The End game would be the last Faction standing or last Factions standing to face off against the Galactic Overlord to save the Galaxy.

Sorry if this doesn't make to much since like I said Sil would have a better time explaining it then me.

Sure then, I love strategy games (hoping a new Star Wars one comes out soon) so I might as well try. When you say keep track of a lot of data do you mean like waiting for things to be produced, when things end etc.? Thanks for the quick reply.

Well we used Google Docs now to mange our Data we found out its more efficient that way.Also yes you have to wait a few in game weeks to train troops and build new ships.Also you will also have to keep track of you agents and how long their on a planet and things like that.

Well Silenceo, Karadon and Star could probably explain it a lot better then I can but I'll try.

With the addition of us Using Google docs it became a lot faster and easier to mircomange the game and our Factions.Just make a Doc with what you want done for that week and share it with Sil and he would run the numbers and look at the data and make it happen which could lead to several In character events.

Really What the game basically is is a Giant game of Risk or Civlization but with a star wars setting.You have to Navigate the Galaxy as a whole making friends and Allies wherever you can to build up your faction and make it a Galactic power.You can do this anyway you want for example Tunewalker faction was a Giant business who had his hands in just about everything.

The game starts with you creating a fleet yes and ground forces and a leader but you never have to fight another player if you don't want to.You can even just be have a hippy diplomatic faction who just preach love and Spice man.Overall the General Idea of the game is to expand and build a Galatic power anyway you want and leave your mark on the Galaxy.You can work with other players faction and even NPC faction like the Galactic Empire or the Old Republic to ally with.In the end which will take some time for us to reach

The End game would be the last Faction standing or last Factions standing to face off against the Galactic Overlord to save the Galaxy.

Sorry if this doesn't make to much since like I said Sil would have a better time explaining it then me.

Thanks for the explanation that sounds awesome, can't wait to try it! I'm probably going to end up being the hippy diplomat lol.

Well we used Google Docs now to mange our Data we found out its more efficient that way.Also yes you have to wait a few in game weeks to train troops and build new ships.Also you will also have to keep track of you agents and how long their on a planet and things like that.

As far as google docs go do we just use our forum names?

As far as google docs go do we just use our forum names?

Yes it would make it easier on Sil so he won't have to remember to many different names.

Thanks for the explanation that sounds awesome, can't wait to try it! I'm probably going to end up being the hippy diplomat lol.

Lol NP I say wait for the next one in December its going to change a lot and make it easier for new players to join at any time.

Now we just need Zolten to join with his crazy self.

Yes it would make it easier on Sil so he won't have to remember to many different names.

Will do, that's my fifth gmail account made. :D

Lol NP I say wait for the next one in December its going to change a lot and make it easier for new players to join at any time.

December's even better this year, Conquest, my birthday and Christmas. Awesome!

Will do, that's my fifth gmail account made. :D

Join the club. :D

December's even better this year, Conquest, my birthday and Christmas. Awesome!

While so your going to have a invite full December but the IC part of the game might not start until January maybe.