Khem Val stat issues

Shuragel

While I love the fact that companions can now do any role, I seem to be having trouble with Khem Val in particular. Any other companion I pull out (Xalek, Ashara, Andranikos) and set to heal spec has roughly 55k HP. Khem? He currently is sitting at a squishy 19k HP in comparison. This is disappointing to me, since he is my favorite character, is the starting companion for Inquisitor and I really wish to use him. While it is still possible to use said character, I do not wish to gimp myself.

Is anyone else having this issue with any companions and if so, how might one fix this issue.

A few things: I didn't bother gaining affection for any of my other companions besides those few conversations or gifts that worked best on them. Most are sitting at rank 2 influence or so. Khem on the other hand is sitting at Rank 10 influence, because I truly did take him with me everywhere, even as DPS spec. I would have no idea why pulling out a companion with -more- influence would result in worsened stats, but it might be a factor so it is best to inform.