Some compani\on cant wear adaptive gear like humanoid Lana why is it u gonna add it?

Uzamakiuchi

Hee i am wondering due fact that companions humanoids ones mostly always could use adative gear ect :) but lana cant for some reason and i am pretty mutch into role play and companion dressing that is wich make everyone diffrent from each other diffrent gear diffrent looking companion and i hate tough that i have the same looking comp to other players are you guys gonna make it possible for us to get lana adative gear since fact i spent before laucnh 9 mil credits for her gear dye,s ect

• 2 months later...

Not being able to cosmetically change the gear/outfit of most of the KOTFE comps has been quite irritating... Especially now, where there is nothing unique about a comp expect how they talk or physically look, companions like Lana and others like Rockus should be able to wear armor like former companions that you recruit thru endgame such as Yuun and pierce to more effectively cater to those who do value the RP elements a companion can add to the game...

I hope this is fixed in one of the coming updates....

Hee i am wondering due fact that companions humanoids ones mostly always could use adative gear ect :) but lana cant for some reason and i am pretty mutch into role play and companion dressing that is wich make everyone diffrent from each other diffrent gear diffrent looking companion and i hate tough that i have the same looking comp to other players are you guys gonna make it possible for us to get lana adative gear since fact i spent before laucnh 9 mil credits for her gear dye,s ect

As mentioned, you can't equip any of the new companions with appearance changing gear, except weapons. The only option to change their look is customizations, of which there aren't any right now, and who knows if that will even change their armor appearance.

My guess is they didn't want Lana running around in a slave girl outfit.

are you guys gonna make it possible for us to get lana adative gear since fact i spent before laucnh 9 mil credits for her gear dye,s ect

How could you have spent 9 mil credits on Lana prior to TFE? She wasn't a companion at that time.

So far, the only companions able to have a customized clothing are our original companions (minus the droids). Guess we'll have to wait for them to release Companion Customization Kits for the new ones since they have a slot for that. And hopefully they put different clothing on them, and not just re-skins of the characters themselves.

How could you have spent 9 mil credits on Lana prior to TFE? She wasn't a companion at that time.

So far, the only companions able to have a customized clothing are our original companions (minus the droids). Guess we'll have to wait for them to release Companion Customization Kits for the new ones since they have a slot for that. And hopefully they put different clothing on them, and not just re-skins of the characters themselves.

I'm assuming he spent the credits getting gear ready for her.

They removed armor for companions, as they get stronger through influence gains, Only Item you can change is their weapon. This saves time and credits.

Not correct - they made the companions so that the performance aspects of the gear are irrelevant. The pre-4.0 companions still have their armor slots so the only affect is appearance of the companion. The new companions introduced in KoFTE do not have armor slots so their appearance cannot be changed. This is what the OP is asking for (and I heartily endorse). Why should my Vette/Jessa/Kira/Doc etc. be appearance customizable when Lana/Senja/Kothetc cannot be?

Oh and yes, it does appear that BW made a provision for some sort of appearance slot (which for most humanoid toons changes the facial appearance/skin color/hair style/etc.) . However, there is nothing in game to put into that slot. Even if that comes out, that is NOT sufficient to differentiate my (Lana) companion from the multitude out there. As it stands now, the KoFTE companions are relegated to staying in the closet (or wherever they stay when not called out) and I only use the pre-KoFTE companions to quest with.

Edited by Dashtardly
Fixed misspellings (hope I got them all)