The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The NGE of SWTOR

AoseTades

Yep, thats what this update is. I actually can care less if you agree with me or not. Theres more people who hate this update then there are that like it.

The companion system is a joke. Well, not the system entirely, as I like the changes EXCEPT, for the fact the gear is worthless now. All the time spent getting them geared is now worthless. Its a slap in the face plain and simple, and catters to the cry babies who dont like to have to take the time to get them geared. They could of spent more time making the gear useful. Hell they could of added all the stats to the gear since it will really only help when they are set to the class that uses said stat. They could of done something here. Now they are nothing more then generic toons.

Adjusting your level to the planet. The biggest joke of this whole update. Now one must rely on a group to do anything on any planet. I used to love going to lower level planets, farming the world boss, and giving the gear away to the new players, or guildmates around that level who could use it. I liked farming false emperor for the housing items and again, giving them to guildmates or selling them. Now thats useless. Oh yeah theres a solo mode, but it doesnt drop **** for loot. I should not have to be brought down in level to match the players on the planet. Its wrong.

Taking away skills that we now have to earn back? Are you *********** serious? What a *********** joke. Pull your heads out of your asses. You took the backstab ability away from operative which is an important skill. I dont give a damn that ill get it back. I shouldnt have to EARN it back as ive already EARNED the damn skill. It gimps the profession IMO.

Now I can care less if you dont agree. Theres more people who hate this crap of a update then there are people who like it. I should not have to rely on a group to do **** on lower planets. Good job bioware you ruined my gaming experience an now, I have zero interested in the storyline for KOTFE. Just dont care. Once my subscription runs out, im out permanently. My plans are to play Black Desert Online when it hits the U.S. next year. You all have fun with this NGE. Its what ruined SWG and will ruin this game. If it hasnt already. One big joke of an update.

I have walked around lower level planets with level sync on my OWN and haven't need a group to do any content there. So you're argument there is null and void.

Yes, they got rid of gear from companions but really I didn't bother gearing them in the first place because I'd rather spend my credits and comms on gearing myself. People who call them just skins are just upset over the whole

Issue, as I only used the companions I liked so half never saw light of day.

This is not and never was SWG so your argument saying "NGE" is null and void because you're still bitter over it happens years ago. This has probably been said at 2.0 and 3.0 so please give it a rest and goodbye.

I have walked around lower level planets with level sync on my OWN and haven't need a group to do any content there. So you're argument there is null and void.

Yes, they got rid of gear from companions but really I didn't bother gearing them in the first place because I'd rather spend my credits and comms on gearing myself. People who call them just skins are just upset over the whole

Issue, as I only used the companions I liked so half never saw light of day.

This is not and never was SWG so your argument saying "NGE" is null and void because you're still bitter over it happens years ago. This has probably been said at 2.0 and 3.0 so please give it a rest and goodbye.

Take your lame *** answers elsewhere pal. I can care less that you dont like that i compared it to swg nge. Fact is, ITS TRUE. Open your eyes. Hense why people are leaving. Try going after a world boss solo then come back and talk. Not talking about trash mobs so maybe you should read whats stated. Nothing i said is null and void. Only thing null and void is your whole comment.

I've had no issues since the change. Actually I have found it to be better to play. Regardless of the companion I use they rock the hell out of anything I attack and if by change I start to lose health they heal me LOL

I haven't had the same problems you have mentioned. It's all be a cake walk and very enjoyable.

I've had no issues since the change. Actually I have found it to be better to play. Regardless of the companion I use they rock the hell out of anything I attack and if by change I start to lose health they heal me LOL

I haven't had the same problems you have mentioned. It's all be a cake walk and very enjoyable.

Normal game pay is fine. I still do not agree, nor will be apart of a game that makes my level that of the planet I am on. You can no longer solo world bosses and such. Along with several other things i used to enjoy doing solo to help others. I should not have to rely on a group to do the things that made my night when i logged in. I was so looking forward to these new storylines. Now i just dont care anymore. People shouldnt have to earn skills they had prior to this update. Its BS. If anything they should of added new skills, not make us earn something we already had

Considering you stated anything on a planet and then gave an example of world bosses. So my comment is accurate and correct in reference to level sync you are whining about. World bosses in any game are not meant to be a solo experience and a group one. Well that's what I've come across in every MMO I've played.

Yes that is your opinion on SWTOR and NGE, but these are two different games which have an resounding difference between both. One was a sandbox MMORPG whilst this one is just an MMO with a little hint of sandbox but in the end on rails. So I cannot fathom why people will compare two completely different games. It's like comparing Call of Duty to Battlefield, both completely different if not in the same genre and settings.

Considering you stated anything on a planet and then gave an example of world bosses. So my comment is accurate and correct in reference to level sync you are whining about. World bosses in any game are not meant to be a solo experience and a group one. Well that's what I've come across in every MMO I've played.

Yes that is your opinion on SWTOR and NGE, but these are two different games which have an resounding difference between both. One was a sandbox MMORPG whilst this one is just an MMO with a little hint of sandbox but in the end on rails. So I cannot fathom why people will compare two completely different games. It's like comparing Call of Duty to Battlefield, both completely different if not in the same genre and settings.

Hate to tell you bud, but the situation is the same. The nge ruined swg, and this game took a turn for the worse with this update. So yes, it is fitting. Two different games yes, but the situations are showing to be the same pattern.

• 3 weeks later...

I was there for CU/NGE. There's a reason that alienated the playerbase.

Kotfe? Not all the changes were pleasant but it's not like it completely changed the combat/leveling system and overnight make your character so weak you require a group to kill almost anything.

I can think of things I like and dislike - but I don't see every server going barren - most people moving to harbinger and a few select servers maybe....

It always amuses me when people call something an "NGE". Usually, there are 2 reasons why:

1) they never experienced the actual NGE, and don't know what the hell they are talking about.

2) they may have experienced the actual NGE, but are just stupid and don't know what the hell they are talking about.

I'm not going to assume which of these applies to the OP, but either way I have never seen an NGE comparison that actually came REMOTELY close to what the NGE was to SWG. It removed 2/3 of the professions in the game. NOTHING compares to that. Nothing. Whether you like KOTFE or not, comparing the it to the NGE is like comparing the common cold to ebola. They are not even REMOTELY the same, and anyone who tries to say they are only sounds like an idiot.

Edited by The_Grand_Nagus

It always amuses me when people call something an "NGE". Usually, there are 2 reasons why:

1) they never experienced the actual NGE, and don't know what the hell they are talking about.

2) they may have experienced the actual NGE, but are just stupid and don't know what the hell they are talking about.

I'm not going to assume which of these applies to the OP, but either way I have never seen an NGE comparison that actually came REMOTELY close to what the NGE was to SWG. It removed 2/3 of the professions in the game. NOTHING compares to that. Nothing. Whether you like KOTFE or not, comparing the it to the NGE is like comparing the common cold to ebola. They are not even REMOTELY the same, and anyone who tries to say they are only sounds like an idiot.

I will call this expansion the new NGE when this theme park mmo turns into a sandbox mmo. People don't realize that the opposite is what happened. Nagus is right folks. They took a sandbox mmo and tried turning it into some poor theme park mmo.

This isn't what they did to KOTFE.

Edited by Rhyltran

I will call this expansion the new NGE when this theme park mmo turns into a sandbox mmo. People don't realize that the opposite is what happened. Nagus is right folks. They took a sandbox mmo and tried turning it into some poor theme park mmo.

This isn't what they did to KOTFE.

I have to slightly disagree, or maybe we just have different definitions of terms. Even after the NGE, you could still go do whatever the hell you wanted on the worlds of SWG. You could still go build a house or even a city in some remote corner of a planet. They didn't really take any of the sandbox elements of the worlds away, they simply put a structured leveling path on top of it. So it was a sandbox with a themepark inside of it, IMO. But maybe you mean something different, and if so please explain.

Yep, thats what this update is. I actually can care less if you agree with me or not. Theres more people who hate this update then there are that like it. .

I would love to see your evidence of this. Prove to all of us that more people dislike 4.0 than enjoy it. I dare you.

I have to slightly disagree, or maybe we just have different definitions of terms. Even after the NGE, you could still go do whatever the hell you wanted on the worlds of SWG. You could still go build a house or even a city in some remote corner of a planet. They didn't really take any of the sandbox elements of the worlds away, they simply put a structured leveling path on top of it. So it was a sandbox with a themepark inside of it, IMO. But maybe you mean something different, and if so please explain.

Yes and no. There's other elements that come with a theme park mmo. Such as a level based system (which was added. Before there wasn't "levels persay.", there was a class based system (such as being able to "pick jedi." off the bat), etc. Could you still build houses and go wherever? Sure but progression became more in the lines with games like "WoW" than a typical sandbox. You could argue that they created a bastardized hybrid but yeah. Even if we disagree on the semantics we still agree on the main premise. This level of change hasn't happened in SWTOR and people claiming that it has.. well they have no clue what the NGE is or was.

Yes and no. There's other elements that come with a theme park mmo. Such as a level based system (which was added. Before there wasn't "levels persay.", there was a class based system (such as being able to "pick jedi." off the bat), etc. Could you still build houses and go wherever? Sure but progression became more in the lines with games like "WoW" than a typical sandbox. You could argue that they created a bastardized hybrid but yeah. Even if we disagree on the semantics we still agree on the main premise. This level of change hasn't happened in SWTOR and people claiming that it has.. well they have no clue what the NGE is or was.

One slight correction; the levels came with the CU, not the NGE. The "structured leveling path" I mentioned in my previous post was not in reference to the levels themselves, but rather to the new quest series they created that started in the tutorial and took you through to Corellia, if I recall. Basically, telling you where to go next instead of just letting you figure it out yourself. And in that respect, I do agree that felt like a themepark...but at the same time no one forced you to do that. You could still level just by grinding in the wilderness if you wanted, which meant that the sandbox was still there if you wanted to play in it. But yes, we do fundamentally agree. Any comparison to the NGE is almost always idiotic and not even remotely close.

Edited by The_Grand_Nagus