Can't Start Chapter 2

Laris_Rai

Whenever I try and talk to the NPC I need to speak to to start Chapter 2 of KotFE, I'll see a moment or two of a cut scene of my character looking around and then the game will stop responding. This has happened to me about six times and I'm pretty frustrated right now.

It sounds like your install may be corrupt. On the Launcher - before you log in - check the settings button (lower left - gear) and see if the option to "repair" is there.

Check to make sure your drivers are up to date - particularly the video and audio.

Or you could reinstall the game.

Or, you could try setting your graphics to "low" and check if it then runs. If it does, that would indicate a hardware problem with your graphics chip.

Edited by JediQuaker

Whenever I try and talk to the NPC I need to speak to to start Chapter 2 of KotFE, I'll see a moment or two of a cut scene of my character looking around and then the game will stop responding. This has happened to me about six times and I'm pretty frustrated right now.

I've had this happen a couple of times as well. Before trying the repair option, I would also try either logging out and logging back in, or exiting the game entirely, and launching again, then retrying the conversation. If those don't work, then I'd move to the previous suggestion and running the repair option.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.