Cutscene Freeze - Knights of the Fallen Empire

guitarguyguitarg

So I recently started on the new expansion. Breezed through chapter one. Roughly 10 seconds into the first cutscene of chapter two (Dream of Empire), the whole cutscene just freezes. It consistently happens at the exact same spot, and I can't get it to stop. I'm sure it's not an issue with my computer, as the whole rest of the game loads/works/plays perfectly (perfect considering I'm playing on a laptop).

I'm getting really frustrated and I wanna move on with the story, what do I do?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I had the same problem. I changed all the graphics to low and I changed my screen resolution to the normal setting for computers and it worked. I'm sure the graphics will help unsure if it was the screen resolution or not. Hope this helps.

That happens to me with several Cutscenes throughout the game and not just in KotFE . For me it's always possible to progress with low graphics settings.

From what I have observed all Cutscenes where this happens have a lot of NPCs in them.

• 1 year later...

My View

This appears to be experienced by those using Intel integrated graphics, which appears to be due to not having the required dedicated video memory of 256MB (minimum game requirement of 256MB On-board Ram) before it is switching to the shared memory space, best suggestion on the spots like that is to lower all gfx to low to get past that bit.

upgrading to either an AMD or Nvidia video card should stop this occurring if looking for a solution as they usually have at least 2 - 4 GB Video ram to access

So 2 questions for those that get this issue

1. Using Intel video card ?

2. Dedicated video memory as listed in a dxdiag per this link is at least 256MB

Example my card has 8GB Dedicated Memory in the dxdiag at the place to check

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 1080

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Type: Full Device

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B80&SUBSYS_85931043&REV_A1

Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]

Device Problem Code: No Problem

Driver Problem Code: Unknown

Display Memory: 24495 MB

Dedicated Memory: 8144 MB

Shared Memory: 16351 MB

Edited by OwenBrooks