The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Anakin vs. Luke

Strive-US

Anakin didn't even reach his full potential as a force user until after he fell to the dark side so it makes little sense in my mind to hobble his potential by shackling him to his force proficiency back when he was a Jedi. Anakin came back as a force ghost and a creature of light after dying, but only after he fell to the dark side did he start on the path to true power. As a sith he realized his force potential, not as a jedi. I don't remember Qui'gon Jinn appearing to him when he was a Darth and telling him how to come back as a force ghost so I believe that means Anakin/Vader learned this on his own somehow. He was theoretically conceived by the force.

So, Vader would pimpslap Luke if they both went balls-out at he peak of each of their respective powers, but we never get to see that in the movies because Vader wasn't going all-out because he was trying to convert, not destroy. We see how conflicted he was when he later threw his master to his death, killing himself in the process, so it's not as if the theoretical fight you propose would ever have taken place, or could take place.

If Anakin had never fallen to the dark side there would never have been a reason for him to fight Luke. In fact had Anakin not started his path toward the darkside through lack of discipline and giving in to emotion, Luke would not himself have ever been conceived.

Strange hypothetical.

Anakin Skywalker, full force potential, no succumbing to the Dark Side versus Luke Skywalker, also full force potential.

Honestly I'm not too sure due to us never seeing full potential Anakin. AFAIK didn't Luke reach what Anakin's potential was? DE Luke managed to keep up with DE Sids (DE being his prime) and DE isn't Luke's prime. So due to lack of feats on full potential Anakin's part and due to Luke's showings (DE and beyond) I'd say it's a stalemate.

Anakin didn't even reach his full potential as a force user until after he fell to the dark side so it makes little sense in my mind to hobble his potential by shackling him to his force proficiency back when he was a Jedi. Anakin came back as a force ghost and a creature of light after dying, but only after he fell to the dark side did he start on the path to true power. As a sith he realized his force potential, not as a jedi. I don't remember Qui'gon Jinn appearing to him when he was a Darth and telling him how to come back as a force ghost so I believe that means Anakin/Vader learned this on his own somehow. He was theoretically conceived by the force.

So, Vader would pimpslap Luke if they both went balls-out at he peak of each of their respective powers, but we never get to see that in the movies because Vader wasn't going all-out because he was trying to convert, not destroy. We see how conflicted he was when he later threw his master to his death, killing himself in the process, so it's not as if the theoretical fight you propose would ever have taken place, or could take place.

If Anakin had never fallen to the dark side there would never have been a reason for him to fight Luke. In fact had Anakin not started his path toward the darkside through lack of discipline and giving in to emotion, Luke would not himself have ever been conceived.

Strange hypothetical.

Actually it was turning to the Dark Side that took away his full potential, if he hadn't have turned he wouldn't have fought Obi-Wan meaning he'd still have his other limbs. The reason why this is important is because of the midichlorians he lost which weakened his potential connection to the Force which is why, while Darth Vader was very powerful, he couldn't challenge the Emperor as he lost the potential to surpass him. So ultimately it was turning to the Dark Side that caused him to lose his full potential.

Actually it was turning to the Dark Side that took away his full potential, if he hadn't have turned he wouldn't have fought Obi-Wan meaning he'd still have his other limbs. The reason why this is important is because of the midichlorians he lost which weakened his potential connection to the Force which is why, while Darth Vader was very powerful, he couldn't challenge the Emperor as he lost the potential to surpass him. So ultimately it was turning to the Dark Side that caused him to lose his full potential.

It weren't the limbs that lost him his potential. It was mental. More precisely he blamed himself for Padmé's death.

I think this Midichlorian stuff has been pushed out of canon into whatever. It is viewed as a mistake and I don't think the franchise puts much stock in it. Yoda was small, yet strong in the force. Was his diminutive size an impediment in performing great feats of strength with the force? No, it was not. So maybe losing a limb or three didn't phase him that much.

I would argue that it was his losing Padme that made him realize his full potential. Falling to the dark side is viewed as failing to fulfill your potential from the jedi perspective but from the sith perspective it is a necessary precursor to shedding the bonds of jedi training that would hold back a force user from realizing his full potential.