Bug during Chapter VIII: Taking flight, in the Control Spar

Torrimac

I was running through the control spar looking for HK. Went up the last elevator right before you fight the Gold star named Captain Laxna Delothrea.

I saw HK off on the left and went over to chat with him. That allowed me to jump ahead in the quest without doing the previous steps and getting credit for them. Caused some confusion and messed it up. I ended up needing to suicide to get back across the span so I could kill the Captain. Then talk to HK again and actually progress the tasks.

Hope that all made sense.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I'm having that same problem and I'm a level 65 Sith Marauder. I can take out all the other Knights, but the one in front of the lift keeps stunning me then killing me. The medpacks are only going so far, and I can't summon any companions due to story restrictions. Starting to make me mad.

Okay, I figured out how to get past that Knight of Zakkul that was keeping me from getting to the Control Spar (keep in mind this is for a Sith Marauder, so I don't know how it would work with other classes): Changed fighting form from Shii-Cho to Juyo (not even sure if I'm spelling those right), outfitted in Outlander Targeter's gear (bought from a vendor), equipped a vibrosword as main weapon, and started my attack with Force Charge.

Hope this helps anyone who is stuck at this point.

You know, I remember this guy being a tough fight, but not unbeatably so. I've done it on:

* Insta-60 Lightning Sorcerer

* Gunnery Commando. (two different ones, with the second much less well equipped)

* Gunslinger (I set the discipline when disciplines came out and don't remember what it is)

* Vigilance Guardian (the inimitable Tikreva'tarsil)

No healer types, no tanks. (No Sent/Mara either, but...) Soon, I'll try again with a dps Shadow who is currently tooling around Rishi.