Feedback on KOTFE <no spoilers>

Shayddow

Have enjoyed playing this through so far on my "free" 60th character. I managed to complete it all the way through chapter 9 and will be waiting to see what the next installment brings. A few pluses, minuses and questions follow.

Plus:

Story content is quite good, with twists and turns in the plot, along with "Luke, I am your father" sort of surprises that make the Star Wars franchise what it is.

I was happy to see heroics changed so you could play them through on the 1-60 planets. I still do them solo, although I AM hoping to finally complete a few on Makeb with another person -< the mechanics require 2 people, unfortunately >

before I dip into KOTFE with my primary characters.

Minus:

Bug with getting companion Xalek <the freebie I made was Sith Sorcerer, so was looking forward to getting him "back". Another issue I see is - I can see requiring all the steps in quests for "new" characters <as mine was as a new 60 - now 65!> and for characters that did not have this companion to begin with, but I can see it being tedious for people who have already done the quests for this companion in the 1-50 planet content. While I saw <thanks to Dulfy site> that there are some skipthrus for some classes, there aren't for others - that doesn't seem equitable

Questions:

I saw a broadcast with Eric Musco that mentioned legacy datacrons. How are these claimed?

For "exploration" quests/ dailies - I saw that those are now set to your level - Are bonus missions associated with this quest supposed to be set to your level as well? Because if so, the bonus quest for one of the Ilum dailies showed in my mission log as level 50, while I was level 65.

On another server, a character on Ord Mantell did not receive the codex entry for "corruption" by picking up the heroic on the mission box <this is a character doing the planet for the first time>. The Old way you used to get this entry immediately upon doing the required action.

It was stated that people who have done all story content thru level 60 would get some sort of "portrait" - how is this claimed?

Question

One additional Item of interest: the "random mount".

Whereas most of these are fun to flip through, the "random" also includes the legacy perk "rocket boost" - which has a cooldown. Thus, I use this for specific situations. However, by including it, this gives the feature a cooldown at times which is unintentional when you wish to ride around somewhere.

Questions:

I saw a broadcast with Eric Musco that mentioned legacy datacrons. How are these claimed?

They aren't claimed. They are automatically active for all the characters of your legacy once one character picks them up. You can check the list in your legacy window. There seems to have been some glitch with awarding them however, you may need to log into the character who unlocked the datacron once for it to be visible on your legacy.

For "exploration" quests/ dailies - I saw that those are now set to your level - Are bonus missions associated with this quest supposed to be set to your level as well? Because if so, the bonus quest for one of the Ilum dailies showed in my mission log as level 50, while I was level 65.

Every quest of any kind on a planet is subject to level sync. People have complained that when a lvl 50 returns to Korriban to finish their class storyline, they get to fight at synced lvl 16..

It was stated that people who have done all story content thru level 60 would get some sort of "portrait" - how is this claimed?

It is also not claimed, you automatically get it afaik once you have finished chapter 3 on all eight classes. Im really close to that myself so I will know more soon. Probably later today. You will get a gold-bordered special border to your nameplate, and words "legendary player" underneath your name.

Edited by Karkais