Sithspawn lore entry not awarding - blocks achievements

fxds

As I understand it, completing the Heroic mission Shadow Spawn on Dromund Kaas is supposed to award the Sithspawn lore object codex entry. I took and completed that mission for the first time yesterday but I was not awarded the lore entry. I suspect this is an unintended side effect of the change in the way Heroic missions complete.

If this is in fact a bug rather than a misunderstanding on my part, more than just one codex entry is affected. The Sithspawn lore entry is required for the Loremaster of Dromund Kaas achievement, which is in turn required for the Galactic Loremaster achievement, meaning those two achievements are blocked and not possible to earn in game until either the bug is fixed or the Sithspawn lore entry is removed as a requirement for Loremaster of Dromund Kaas.

Edited by fxds

Happened to me just now, I think you need to get the quest and hand it in directly to the quest giver "Lord Shalath" to be awarded the lore entry. Thing is I now have to wait to test this theory but I'd +1 that its a bug or an overlooked / unintentional game play mechanic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For all the people complaining about the SithSpawn Codex, IT WORKS, I have it on my operative. Take a look at this URL http://www.swtor-spy.com/codex/sithspawn/1267/

and PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THE FIRST PICTURE, this is a HUGE clue as to how to get the codex entry. FYI you CANNOT get it by getting the Heroic quest from the terminal but by getting it from the actual quest giver which is standing at the table next to "The Wall" Quick travel point. OH and I also have the Chevin codex that some people cant seem to find, it is located in the same camp as the quest giver for the Kubaz Codex, just follow the instructions given at the URL below to find the Kubaz Codex quest giver and the Chevin is standing over by the fire, click the crate/box behind him and next to the tent. The URL is https://swtorcodextracking.wordpress.com/planet-dromund-kaas-codex/

Edited by SouthGaBoy
adding info

For all the people complaining about the SithSpawn Codex, IT WORKS, I have it on my operative. Take a look at this URL http://www.swtor-spy.com/codex/sithspawn/1267/

and PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THE FIRST PICTURE, this is a HUGE clue as to how to get the codex entry. FYI you CANNOT get it by getting the Heroic quest from the terminal but by getting it from the actual person giving it out.

Yeah, and I have it on my SI, but she did the mission way back before 4.0, when you had to turn the quest in to Lord Whatshername who gave it to you in the first place. It is that action that gives you the lore entry. It still gives you the lore entry, except that NOW, in the aftermath of 4.0, the quest completes as soon as you put the runes on the altar, so you can't actually turn in the quest to Lord Whatshername.

It's like on Coruscant, where the H2 in the Jedi Temple used to be turned in to the general in the back-left of the Senate Tower, but now it completes in the Jedi Temple when you loot the dude, and the condition to enter the room where the general stands can no longer ever be met. So (unless they've changed it) there's a red phase barrier on that room that can never be made green.