The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How strong would prime Yoda be and could he beat RotS Sidious?

PadsterPwns

Pretty much what the title says, I've been wondering how powerful a prime Yoda would be ever since I saw the quote "Impressive! While size matters not, only five I can lift since I past 700" in The Jedi Path. This quote refers to the telekinesis exercise of lifting the Muntuur Stones whilst in deep meditation.

When I read this it suddenly popped into my head that if a post-prime Yoda managed to survive his confrontation with RotS Sidious, and some sources picture post-prime Yoda stalemating him, how would prime Yoda fare?

Prime Yoda would have basically been (book) Starkiller minus the Force Lightning (which he did know how to do, he was just scared of it's Dark Side connection). Sidious would have lasted about as long as the Jedi that went after him. A more interesting fight would have been prime Yoda versus prime Windu.

Prime Yoda would have basically been (book) Starkiller minus the Force Lightning (which he did know how to do, he was just scared of it's Dark Side connection). Sidious would have lasted about as long as the Jedi that went after him. A more interesting fight would have been prime Yoda versus prime Windu.

Book Starkiller was not Yoda level.

Pretty much what the title says, I've been wondering how powerful a prime Yoda would be ever since I saw the quote "Impressive! While size matters not, only five I can lift since I past 700" in The Jedi Path. This quote refers to the telekinesis exercise of lifting the Muntuur Stones whilst in deep meditation.

When I read this it suddenly popped into my head that if a post-prime Yoda managed to survive his confrontation with RotS Sidious, and some sources picture post-prime Yoda stalemating him, how would prime Yoda fare?

Well Yoda more or less had him beaten in the movie. I mean sure i he lost the fight but that was because he fell off edge while sidious barely managed to hold on.

Better :p

I knew at least one person would say that :D

Yoda wasn't just only post prime, but also weakened in RotS: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=842136

Wait, a post-prime, weakened Yoda managed to stalemate/survive against RotS Sidious, who had already become the most powerful Sith in galactic history? That's probably the best dueling feat in the mythos, maybe bar Windu vs Sids, Sids vs B team and DE Luke vs DE Palpatine.

yoda probobly could of beat him... mace windu was going to kill him, but i think the whole electricuting thing "when mace is reflecting the lightning back to sidious" was a show. to make anakin have simpothy . who knows. i think windu could have beat him. and i think yoda could have beat him probobly if not in ROTS then definetly in his prime for sure

yoda probobly could of beat him... mace windu was going to kill him, but i think the whole electricuting thing "when mace is reflecting the lightning back to sidious" was a show. to make anakin have simpothy . who knows. i think windu could have beat him. and i think yoda could have beat him probobly if not in ROTS then definetly in his prime for sure

Like I said in Zoltan's thread (hey that rhymed!), Mace was dead either way, though he did win the lightsaber battle.

As much as we might like to think Yoda was simply unlucky against Sidious in the Senate, Yoda knew he couldn't return and beat him another day. He didn't move to Dagobah because he slipped, he moved because he knew he couldn't beat him.

As to prime Yoda, we really have no evidence. I'm not sure there's much cannon material at all anymore about that.

As much as we might like to think Yoda was simply unlucky against Sidious in the Senate, Yoda knew he couldn't return and beat him another day. He didn't move to Dagobah because he slipped, he moved because he knew he couldn't beat him.

As to prime Yoda, we really have no evidence. I'm not sure there's much cannon material at all anymore about that.

Oh I know Yoda lost (as per film and RotS novelisation) but I was just curious to see what people though about prime Yoda vs RotS Palpatine, as we know that past 700 he couldn't lift all 6 stones hinting towards slight degradation of his alter abilities and we also know that in the years before the Prequels his speed decreased a little. Also keep in mind that if Zoltans' thread in right, Yoda was post-prime and weakened but still survived.

Oh I know Yoda lost (as per film and RotS novelisation) but I was just curious to see what people though about prime Yoda vs RotS Palpatine, as we know that past 700 he couldn't lift all 6 stones hinting towards slight degradation of his alter abilities and we also know that in the years before the Prequels his speed decreased a little. Also keep in mind that if Zoltans' thread in right, Yoda was post-prime and weakened but still survived.

That book is now legends material. It doesn't matter what it says anymore. The yoda you are thinking of doesn't exist anymore so we don't know how many "stones he could lift after age 700".

If you check out this page, it shows a yellow legends stamp that lets you know if the book in question is legends or not. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Jedi_Path:_A_Manual_for_Students_of_the_Force_(real-life_book)

That book is now legends material. It doesn't matter what it says anymore. The yoda you are thinking of doesn't exist anymore so we don't know how many "stones he could lift after age 700".

If you check out this page, it shows a yellow legends stamp that lets you know if the book in question is legends or not. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Jedi_Path:_A_Manual_for_Students_of_the_Force_(real-life_book)

This thread was meant to include legends material, probably should've put that in the OP.