Remove Revan Purchase Option

Helvetian

I am a very casual gamer. Because I often am pulled away from the computer unexpected due to RL, and really just focus on story lines, I rarely group and don't tend to guild on MMOs. I just play the game. Two months ago, I was able to afford to re-sub rather than continue as a free-to-play. Yesterday, I was able to treat myself to buying Revan. Boy, do I feel stupid over that one. It wasn't until later in the day that I found out with an online search that it will become free on the 27th.

I understand that I'm just screwed, and have to accept that. The corporation has my money, and that's their job. I already called customer service, and spoke with a wonderfully nice and helpful young man who checked on whether there was a policy in place to help people who had unknowingly spent their money so unwisely, and he said there just wasn't anything they could do to help.

My suggestion, then, is to consider removing the option to buy Shadow of Revan now that it is within a week of going free, so that such advantage isn't taken of other players like me who don't follow forums and the like.

Thank you for your consideration.

Call customer support again, that person is absolutely wrong. You can get it refunded. You might also want to consider sending a PM to Eric Musco here on the forums with your issue. You are correct, it should be removed, but you are also entitled to a refund.

If it is removed, this would ban free to play members from accessing level 60 content.

I do think that Amazon should not be allowed to sell a "Knights of the Fallen Empire bundle" that includes Shadow of Revan and all earlier content at a higher rate than they sell the non-expansion (read: non-free with subscription) items separately.

I did call again, and was again told a refund was not an option. There was some explanation about how removing the content would somehow break my account, and that it would then have to be locked until that content was purchased again. I pointed out that would really only be four days, and the hemming and hawing in reply was then followed by an insistence that a refund was not available.

Really, I've accepted that the money was wasted. I did tell them during the first conversation that if a refund/removal was an issue but they wanted to make good in some way, that I'd certainly accept Cartel Coins in stead. :-) I didn't expect it, and that too wasn't an option, but wanted to throw it out there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.