Companion weapon restrictions noted/listed?

wayfare

I read the patch notes talking about how some companions would have weapon changes. It does not list that almost all the force using companions now have to use the ugly double-saber. They cannot use staves or the single-bladed lightsaber. Is this intentional? I know i'm not the only person who customized their companions heavily and now have a metric ton of unusable lightsabers and unusable companions.

Is there a list of approved weapons for each companion somewhere, or is this a new mini game of trying to equip weapons in each companion?

I have seen posts regarding a few of the companions that should be able to double-wield not working. I assume that in those companions having one weapon at least gets them some combat use. Without equipping a weapon has effectively nullified my companion's combat use. Has anyone from Bioware confirmed that this irritation is intended?

"Play with the companion you want in the way we want." ?

I figure it will not be changed, so I will have to pick new favorite companions, but is there anywhere this is listed as "intended" and I just missed it?