Hottie’s 4.0 Guide to PvP Operative/Scoundrel Healing

kissingaiur

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't that save you four GCDs in your standard rotation of keeping probes on four players? That seems pretty significant to me. You could even drop probes on an entire ops team at no extra cost to time...

If you read the description of the utility it says that once countermeasures is active, the next time you refresh 1 HoT on a target it will magically be a double stack. Only letting you have 1 double stack for 1 GCD when normally it takes 2 GCDs assuming the target doesn't have HoTs on them previously.

That means only one hot refresh that is a double stack...which literally makes no sense for a legendary utility. I checked and double checked the wording it doesn't sound like it's an active ability for the duration of countermeasures (WHICH WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE AS A LEGENDARY ABILITY). If it was an active ability for the duration of countermeasures it could save you from 4-8 GCDs depending on size of your group.

Regardless for good Operatives/Scoundrels our HoT management and refresh uptime is high. If it was for the duraation for countermeasures, even then the only utility this would service is if we **** up badly every 45 seconds or fighting mez comps in team ranked. Overall, we would have to be giving up a DCD for this... would it seriously be worth it? Eh, most likely more for newbies?

Edited by kissingaiur

Seems it's a waste of utility point even for dps operatives if that's the case.

I seriously wish I was invited to the private PTR testing because I want to personally ask a developer what the deal is with this utility. If it works as it's worded currently, it would literally be the worst utility BY FAR within the Operative/Scoundrel tree even if it was moved into the skillful tier. Literally has no benefit for healers with good HoT uptime and if spec, would only gain them 1 GCD with a minuscule amount of self healing.

The only thing i can think of is i guess is it might be a minuscule buff to PvE Operative Healers but even then it wouldn't make sense because their HoT uptime would arguably be BETTER then PvP Operatives since they aren't being stunned. So, who or what was their intent for this ability? DPS? Healers? PvP? PvE? What ever it is, it is going over my head and makes no sense.

Edited by kissingaiur

If you read the description of the utility it says that once countermeasures is active, the next time you refresh 1 HoT on a target it will magically be a double stack.

Only letting you have 1 double stack for 1 GCD when normally it takes 2 GCDs assuming the target doesn't have HoTs on them previously.

That means only one hot refresh that is a double stack...which literally makes no sense for a legendary utility. I checked and double checked the wording it doesn't sound like it's an active ability for the duration of countermeasures (WHICH WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE AS A LEGENDARY ABILITY). If it was an active ability for the duration of countermeasures it could save you from 4-8 GCDs depending on size of your group.

Regardless for good Operatives/Scoundrels our HoT management and refresh uptime is high. If it was for the duraation for countermeasures, even then the only utility this would service is if we **** up badly every 45 seconds or fighting mez comps in team ranked. Overall, we would have to be giving up a DCD for this... would it seriously be worth it? Eh, most likely more for newbies?

Ah, I missed that one-time deal text. Yeah, that's pretty terrible. Maybe someone else has called them on it and they'll reconsider before the changes go live.

Just for some clarification on the new 5.0 reflect ability linked to Evasion/Dodge.

There is a misconception going around that this utility will make DPS Operative/Scoundrels be able to reflect every time they roll. The roll "evasion" is a resist not a "dodge/evasion" mechanic. No where in the roll description does it say that when you active it, it then giving you "Evasion/Dodge" for it's duration its a completely different mechanic entirely. Therefore the only thing the new reflect utility will influence is our "Evasion/Dodge" DCD.

Please tell your friends and guildies.

The whispers on the street is the new legendary HoT utility is buffed. Now it gives you the ability to cast 1 double stack of a HoT, more self healing 10% (1% over 10 seconds) and allows you to cast 2 instant Kolto Infusions. I guess they figured out that the utility was completely worthless before.

This utility can increase our burst healing every 45 seconds. I still would rather them just add 10 seconds interrupt immunity instead of instant heals, meh.

Edited by kissingaiur

The whispers on the street is the new legendary HoT utility is buffed. Now it gives you the ability to cast 1 double stack of a HoT, more self healing 10% (1% over 10 seconds) and allows you to cast 2 instant Kolto Infusions. I guess they figured out that the utility was completely worthless before.

This utility can increase our burst healing every 45 seconds. I still would rather them just add 10 seconds interrupt immunity instead of instant heals, meh.

Interesting but still seems lackluster.

[edit] Are you sure it;s 2 infusions? I couldn't find anything about it.

Edited by Tsetso

Interesting but still seems lackluster.

[edit] Are you sure it;s 2 infusions? I couldn't find anything about it.

At first it was lackluster, the ability only gave you one double stacked HoT on a target and it was in the Legendary tree. Now it will give you one double stack HoT and while activated will heal you for 10% of your max health over 10 seconds while also letting you cast cast a instant Kolto Infusion (without its HoT). Since it's a 10 second duration if you use your instant Kolto Infusion after you active countermeasures you will be able to get another instant Kolto Infusion in because it's CD is 8 seconds.

In theory you could have a pretty good bit of burst with this and how Kolto Infusion works in 5.0. Kolto Infusion passive will give you a crit boosted Surgical right after it's cast. So just think about that. You will be able to cast a double stack HoT, instant Kolto Infusion, your crit boosted Surgical will proc then cast fillers till Kolto Infusion gets off CD and cast another one as an instant because the duration of the utility's buff is 10 seconds (longer then Infusions CD).

So you would get 1 double stack of Kolto Probes + 2 instant Kolto Infusions + 10% of your health back after every 45 seconds. With this utlity you would be able to burst heal someone every 45 seconds without even cast healing; everything would be instant. That is kinda amazing.

Edited by kissingaiur

At first it was lackluster, the ability only gave you one double stacked HoT on a target and it was in the Legendary tree. Now it will give you one double stack HoT and while activated will heal you for 10% of your max health over 10 seconds while also letting you cast cast a instant Kolto Infusion (without its HoT). Since it's a 10 second duration if you use your instant Kolto Infusion after you active countermeasures you will be able to get another instant Kolto Infusion in because it's CD is 8 seconds.

In theory you could have a pretty good bit of burst with this and how Kolto Infusion works in 5.0. Kolto Infusion passive will give you a crit boosted Surgical right after it's cast. So just think about that. You will be able to cast a double stack HoT, instant Kolto Infusion, your crit boosted Surgical will proc then cast fillers till Kolto Infusion gets off CD and cast another one as an instant because the duration of the utility's buff is 10 seconds (longer then Infusions CD).

So you would get 1 double stack of Kolto Probes + 2 instant Kolto Infusions + 10% of your health back after every 45 seconds. With this utlity you would be able to burst heal someone every 45 seconds without even cast healing; everything would be instant. That is kinda amazing.

Are you sure that you get instant infusion for the whole 10s duration - they way i read it it's just 1 per activation

Are you sure that you get instant infusion for the whole 10s duration - they way i read it it's just 1 per activation

It does not say one per activation so it's right to assume it would work twice for the duration. The word on the street is it's bugged on PTR currently so there is no way to test it to find out. We will have to wait.

Edited by kissingaiur

It does not say one per activation so it's right to assume it would work twice for the duration. The word on the street is it's bugged on PTR currently so there is no way to test it to find out. We will have to wait.

Yes, it's 1 1/2 months so no big deal

• 1 month later...