The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Subscription via store etc

Spyderwoman

I have played other games where you can buy your sub via their in game store for that games currency, in this case cartel. You would make it sellable on GTN as well so people could buy it from others. Its a win for everyone. Also how about a item that is worth say 1000 cartel coins that can be bought from store and put on GTN this again is a win for everyone. Bioware makes their money from ones buying it from store and people in game with credits get what they need, and others get their credits. Thoughts? Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

I kind of get your meaning I know in games like EVE Online after your initial sub you can use in game currency to buy 30 days of sub, But the problem you run into on that side of things is that then people who enjoy the perks of being subbed and buy sub that way no longer play the game to have fun but instead play to earn the credits to buy sub not to mention causing the eventual rise in prices of Sub Items.

I kind of get your meaning I know in games like EVE Online after your initial sub you can use in game currency to buy 30 days of sub, But the problem you run into on that side of things is that then people who enjoy the perks of being subbed and buy sub that way no longer play the game to have fun but instead play to earn the credits to buy sub not to mention causing the eventual rise in prices of Sub Items.

True, I know it works in EQ2 and In RIft both have those options and it works fine. I use to buy them in both games with my in game money from someone who had bought it with real life money. :) Glad you understand what I mean though hehe.