Too glitchy to play

nobarawolfgirl

I dont know what the hell is going on with this game and my laptop, but something is seriously out of whack. For the past 2 weeks or so (idk what started it), everything in the game has been glitching out like crazy. Character movement, opening cargo and legacy bay, clicking any of the inventory/legacy/stronghold/etc tabs, even typing in chat have all been glitchy. Gameplay is not smooth for me at all, and I cannot figure out why. I tried switching back to older graphics, and it didn't help, so i re-updated it.

I thought the new expansion would help solve this issue, but its the exact same as it was before, and I cannot figure out what's going on. I have the Fraps app installed on my laptop, and its running while I play. The counter in the top corner, when it reads 58-60, indicates smooth gameplay. Ever since the update previous to 4.0, my Fraps counter has been jumping between 15-46 constantly, and only stays close to 60 when my character is not moving.

My time in-between my loading screens has also increased drastically, and almost every time, the game screen whites out and says (not responding) at the top - it stays this way for almost 3min before I'm finally able to return to the game, and even then, the blue loading bars at the bottom of the screens take a long time to fill.

I dont know where to find all that insider computer info that i've seen a lot of other users post when they have issues, but im about 99% sure its not my laptop that has the problem. Because (and i apologize that this is getting so long) even the SWTOR website is very slow to load whereas every other webpage loads just fine.

I hope i've provided enough descriptions to be able to indicate where the problem lies. Otherwise, i'm gonna need some help on where to find the operating system info and whatnot.