Artifact Gear Restriction Affecting Oranges and Green Mods

Ronohsid

I got a couple friends back into the game for a time. I've subbed, they're preferred. We noticed that a number of things are requiring Artifact Equipment Authorization. Like green mods and only certain pieces of orange mod gear. Also, some of the gear one of my friends was able to use beforehand is now locked to him.

Minor Update: One of them got the Requisitioned Boldblaster's Offhand Blaster, which was a quest reward from an early, Dromund Kaas quest. It apparently requires the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion to use.

Edited by Ronohsid

• 2 weeks later...
I got a couple friends back into the game for a time. I've subbed, they're preferred. We noticed that a number of things are requiring Artifact Equipment Authorization. Like green mods and only certain pieces of orange mod gear. Also, some of the gear one of my friends was able to use beforehand is now locked to him.

Minor Update: One of them got the Requisitioned Boldblaster's Offhand Blaster, which was a quest reward from an early, Dromund Kaas quest. It apparently requires the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion to use.

Topping this up. I spoke multiple people yesterday who are F2P and/or Preferred and who suffer from this. In one case that I remember clearly someone tried to apply a green hilt to an Orange lightsaber, and got the notice they weren't permitted to do so, and required artifact authorization - which confounded me (and everyone else who read the chat) to no end.

Edited by WisherOfEternity

I posted about this in the EA Answers HQ forums a few days ago since as preferred i didn't have access to these forums:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Green-barrels-hilts-from-comm-vendors-still-require-artifact/m-p/4907128#U4907128

It's been this way since 4.0, there are other posts there about this issue but they seem to be getting ignored or considered low priority since it only affects preferred and f2p and not subs.

Edited by skepticck