A+ on story f- on companions Alliance d

publicenemies

My only real complaint is that the companions are all the same now? Why should i bother getting or doing anything for any of them? or more then 1 if at all? Youve made the companions totally pointless. Ive learned to never to buy or mess with companions ever again here. Why is bioware so against originality? this is hardcore cookie cutter stupidity. Ive already got maxed out affection on a lot of my former comps that i actually used. Now im stuck with a bunch of comp rejects that just suck im sorry but they really REALLY suck and due to biowares control complex im forced to have them now? Even this nico okar is worthless lol. Its really sad this was a uneccesary change and worst of all i cant kill these crappy comps im stuck with im glad i didnt pay for this xpac i wont be getting it on my other account.

The story was awesome overall really good if it werent for the companion screwup and downgrade id say kotfe is a solid 9 storywise.

So bottom line is ive learned that bioware for some odd reason hates originality when it comes to companions and i wont be buying any comps thats for sure lesson learned there.

This alliance reminded me of what rift did and look how that worked out for them? No imp vs rep is a bad sign of where this game is going... Are we going to eventually be all one faction here? that didnt work out for rift. Bioware is going to have to make rep side more appealing and better or add a 3rd faction here. This is not a good sign

Edited by publicenemies

Thats not a good idea and it doesnt work though there all the same now not to mention these new comps are complete garbage. This would have been a lot better if they comps kept their unique abilities then you would have had some good instead its simplified to the poin that forrest gump could play this game.

The whole point was so that you can now choose companions based on story rather than on their talents--with the old system there was always at least one that you couldn't use for most PVE stuff because its role matched yours.

Welp. I'm on the other side on this. I love alliances. I love the fact that I can basically recruit the companions I want. I like that I have to search for my original companions, I enjoy the work involved in creating alliances.

I don't think it garbage, I think it is great for the game. And the fact I can now use any companion to perform any role is part of that.

the comanions you want you cant have back yet anyways how is that good? lol

Welp. I'm on the other side on this. I love alliances. I love the fact that I can basically recruit the companions I want. I like that I have to search for my original companions, I enjoy the work involved in creating alliances.

I don't think it garbage, I think it is great for the game. And the fact I can now use any companion to perform any role is part of that.

no im talking about tor this game. The only difference if at all is the weapon your comp uses besides that there all %100 the same now.

I think you're overstating the differences between companions in the classic game, though--all companions that used the same weapon and had the same role had almost exactly the same moves.

no im talking about tor this game. The only difference if at all is the weapon your comp uses besides that there all %100 the same now.

I think what he is trying to say is that now, under the new systems, the companions have no uniqueness or character. By generalizing the combat roles into the three archtypes, each of your companions will have virutally the same actions executed in virtually the same way. The only difference between them is if they are melee or ranged. Each companion has lost what made them unique in combat. And for me, this is a far larger impact to overall gameplay and immersion then allowing me to play with the companion I want all the time.

They are all now cookie cutter copies of the same thing, each with a different voice track.

I think what he is trying to say is that now, under the new systems, the companions have no uniqueness or character. By generalizing the combat roles into the three archtypes, each of your companions will have virutally the same actions executed in virtually the same way. The only difference between them is if they are melee or ranged. Each companion has lost what made them unique in combat. And for me, this is a far larger impact to overall gameplay and immersion then allowing me to play with the companion I want all the time.

They are all now cookie cutter copies of the same thing, each with a different voice track.

They were always cookie cutter copies of the same thing. Jaesa was Kira, Kira was Nadia, Nadia was... that dude with the skull, he was Vector.

Quinn was Tharan, Tharan was Talos etc.

They all did exactly the same as their counterparts on different characters. Now however, I can choose to bring M1-4X with me and have him cover healing if I really need it instead of having to swap him out, mid planet for Elara. It even makes more sense story wise. They can air drop in next to me in the middle of the desert in Tatooine yet I have to walk around the place?

I hated Quinn (with good reason) yet I had to bring him with me as a healer for certain things? The bastard should be dead! (and he damn well better be!)

I don't disagree that they were similar, but what differences they had were stripped out in this patch. What's worse is that they didn't even make the animations unique to the characters. It's those little details that I look for when I am trying to immerse myself into a game.

Now, no matter who I play with, it's the same. The progression is the same. Companion gear builds are non-existant. Putting work into your companions to make them yours does not happen anymore. Previously my companions were built and geared in a particular way and I played them based on the role I wanted or needed. Now there's no point to any of that.

If it wasn't for the conversations you do once and account for less than a 10th of the time in game, they could just replace the companions with a generic npc that you re-skin into the image you want. They could have implemented a lot of these changes without removing the content they did. I feel it's a cop-out from the complexities of the previous system. Complexities that gave the game some of the depth it now lacks.

Edited by Hannibal-Barca

What unique animations exactly?

Ensign Temple had a Force attack on her list of powers. It's gone now.

DS Jaesa had her Force Lightning attack. It's gone now.

Vette had her grenade attack that made her exclaim "woohoo!" whenever she threw it. It's gone now.

Zenith had his AoE Sticky Grenade attack. It's gone now.

Xalek had a mini-Thundering Blast ability. It's gone now.

Lord Scourge and Khem Val had their Lightning Punch attack. It's gone now.

I could go on, but I think you'll get the point. All these companions lost their unique abilities. Sure, they were all fairly similar, but these little differences made them feel unique and like they were different people. Now they're all the same, and it sucks.

Vette had her grenade attack that made her exclaim "woohoo!" whenever she threw it. It's gone now.

I could go on, but I think you'll get the point. All these companions lost their unique abilities. Sure, they were all fairly similar, but these little differences made them feel unique and like they were different people. Now they're all the same, and it sucks.

I assume that's what he meant by animations. That is a shame, I liked watching Khem backhand people to death.

Pretty much this. There's literally no disadvantage with this new companion system..

This is my one complaint about the new companion set up. They stripped out what little uniqueness the companions had.

There's really no reason they couldn't have kept the unique Look/Name to certain character's powers, even if they were Mechanically/Numerically identical to the powers of other companions of their type.