The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Crazy Idea For Classes

HaloIsAwesomenes

I had a crazy but cool thought today about a new feature that would be cool to have.

It would be part of the legacy stuff. Basically what it is is a feature that allows your character to use weapons from a class that you finished the story line for. Maybe the level 60 would have to do a special quest, or maybe they would both have to do quests.

Let's say I have a level 32 Gunslinger and a level 60 Jedi Guardian. This feature would allow my Smuggler to use the lightsaber and defense thingy from my Jedi. You may say "Well that's cool, but it would be useless without any moves to use with those new weapons." Well, you're right. I think (obviously if this ever became a thing) that it would be cool if maybe you did some more quests to unlock some additional moves. Your level 60 would essentially be training the lower level person in more combat techniques with other weapons. However, so you wouldn't be super OP, you'd only get to learn a few moves from that level 60's abilities (chose by our lovely BioWare).

This would kinda create a subclass system to the game. I think it'd be cool if you could change these "classes" mid battle (kinda like in swtor2 you could change your weapon sets in battle). Maybe the overlay could be something like the smugglers pop up shield bar, except you would have to press another button for it.

I got this idea while thinking about Kanan Jarrus from Star Wars Rebels. It really doesn't make sense to have only one specific class. Hardly everyone in Star Wars is only one class. Lets say in the family tree I make my Smuggler the son to my Jedi. It makes sense for my Jedi to be able to teach some of what he knows to his son. Obviously the Smuggler wouldn't be super great at wielding a lightsaber and force powers, but he'd get by.

This feature has the potential to add a lot more personal story to your character. Even if these extra moves and weapons hardly affected game play with others, it would still be cool to be able to say "Hey look, I'm a Smuggler and I run around with twin pistols. My father was a Jedi, look what he taught me (proceeds to pull out a lightsaber)."

IF and big if, this feature made it into the game, it would be cool if bound weapons were then bound to legacy so you could easily give your student characters new weapons to practice with.

I know that this is all fun and games just fantasizing about this could be feature but hey, (BIOWARE) it would be cool.

If you have any questions on any of the more ideas I may have had feel free to ask. Also if you have more ideas to this please post about them! I would love to hear how to this could be feature would be so awesome (if you people even think it's cool).