The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

KOTFE irst impressions

Davidfellows

First off there WILL be spoilers in this, so if your waiting for your own experience then dont read.

Log in and the first thing is ALL of my companions want to talk, ok no problem I almost make a level just by talking to them which takes about an hours worth of time (I really wanted to hear some of the stories) then comes the time to put pants and weapons back on the companions. All in all no major complaints.

Second, and here is where the fun starts, time for chapter one, now I dont want to give away too much but BW yall did a great job of hiding certain things about chapter one, real fun chapter, HUGE suprise at the end.

I made it to chapter 5 or 6 before I went to bed last night and was pleased when I met my first "old" companion and that I was able to cut ties with him, he was useless in my opinion.

Keeping this short so I dont have to many spoilers but so far I am really enjoying this expansion.

My first impressions about KoTFE:

1)Really awesome design, thanks for the graphic upgrades, finally swtor looks like a legit Bioware game.

2)Very impressive storyline, really it made me feel so good, what you really expect from Star Wars.

3) I was really afraid about the lvl sync but, you did it good, so no more complaints, i take back all i said previously about it, you guys did a good job ;)

4)This is when i start rambling, well the companions.All right you can choose them from the fist icon up there but you could have left the option to summon them via the craft pannel (acessible from the companion's portrait), kinda weird not having the option anymore.

At any rate it's like the only issue i have with KoTFE, but the new companion system is unsetttling first and then...very enjoyable (i know kind of odd).

I really wanted to thank you guys coz im one of those old players who played KoToR 1 and 2 and who was expecting much from SWToR, and i have to admit you finally met it, so again,

Thank You!

Overall I really like the new content, but some changes really made no sense.

PRO

• Story was great and very entertaining and I was happy to see it done.
  • Love how companion options are hog wild now and options are great.
  • Level Sync - I still hate it, but does provide a great option to help a new player. (Only thing good for)
  • Conquesting (Personal) - has value add with Strategic Resource Mat reward.
  • Some rewards of older operations gear is "Legacy Bound", but too bad they are completely random rewards and not picked ones.
  • Companion bonus - LOVE it! Glad to see it scales now (+5 Crit for ilevel 10) and not locked to one companion in entire game for certain professions.
  • Major kudos to adding QOL items that should have been out before. (Clipping capes, Collapse Collections, Search Collections, Right Click Guildies)
  • Very cool "High Priority Target" option in game now. So why is HOLO hidden away? (Where's Waldo search)
  • Instant 60 option cool - But needs more details in a Blog (Can you pick class skills w/500, etc.)
  • LOVE the fact we have 40 character slots now, but still no ability to LOCK down or sort order of characters.
  • Graphic UI's are way better! Interface editor is sweet as well character setup menu is nice.
  • Crafting missions all listed / sorted by type is awesome! Farming mats so far is also good quantity (9-15).
  • Love all the REP vendors in a single spot. The costs for that stuff is way overpriced. Shouldn't cost you your entire stock pile of THREE event currency to buy one or two items.

CON

• Some of the Cutscene clips could have used some fine tuning. Valk and Arc looked great in video, but the two female NPC's seem to have less than great video footage with hair issues and general facial features.
  • SHORT.... great, but seemed to be short per chapter. Big concern that monthly will be 30 min of content at best.
  • No reason to do Storyline on ALT's - Go do SM OPS for 2-3 days and BOOM you are instant 65 w/o even starting KoTFE.
  • No reason to do Alliance - no really why would you? Have xx companions to craft with and I'm good for PVE endgame/crafting as well.
  • Crafting - They screwed the pooch on this one. Might be "easier" now and specific tasks shorter, but the grind and time is still longer to make stuff.
  • Crafting II - Most items we craft are obsolete with COMM purchases and no entry level relics this tier like Ruusan's.
  • Conquest needed nerf to crafting, but also needs a real PVE repeatable to compete with GSF/PVP guilds.
  • 250k Influence - Someone add an extra zero accidently. Why? Gifts would take 4500-5000 common crystals to max out from iLevel 10>50 on ONE companion.
  • Level-Sync - Doesn't seem to make much sense on lower planets. I still don't like it being forced and have no reason to visit planets now for materials.

Suggestions

• Move that High Priority HOLO to fleet and/or make it a DECO option. Give that great feature some PR!!!!
  • Find a way to get people more engaged in Alliance. Don't see it going far after people ding Chapter 9 and level 65. Right now it's shiny, but will quickly become "Why do I need more companions to Influence up?".
  • Old - Fix the "BUFF" that keeps resetting everyone in the OPS group down by 5% health when used.
  • Fix the RANDOM ALT code names from right click not working (New in 4.0) in guild window.
  • Old - Fix viewing GUILD list and all OFFLINE people show up - must click box, unclick box again.. argg.
  • QOL on Character Menu - Lock certain characters and/or some sort of "IMP/PUB" type sort option.

Edited by dscount