Estimate your Access!!

umop

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The numbers in the OP are almost certainly inaccurate. That said, SR mentioned that the bulk of the pre-orders were taken July21. As the various waves go past, there would be a larger range of dates covered. My expectation is that we'll all be in and playing no later than Friday evening, even if your pre-order is in early December.

As I said in another thread a few hours ago, it's entirely based on the size of individual waves, and the total number of pre-order keys. It could be that they're planning a wave every other hour for the next 48, at 100k apiece. It could be that they'll do what they did today, and give us five waves of say 250k per day.

Bioware has an estimated max of 5M, with a substantial percentage of that having been 7/21 orders (estimates vary between 25 and 50%), and they've certainly moved beyond that date. Most likely scenario is that they're going to add a wave, wait for the pain, and when the pain subsides, start all over again. They have a limited interest in keeping you out of game, and they'll get you in as fast as they feel safe with.

If I get to play this weekend, I'll be just fine with it. If not, oh well. Better this than the alternative (WoW Vanilla/BC launch)

The numbers in the OP are almost certainly inaccurate. That said, SR mentioned that the bulk of the pre-orders were taken July21. As the various waves go past, there would be a larger range of dates covered. My expectation is that we'll all be in and playing no later than Friday evening, even if your pre-order is in early December.

As I said in another thread a few hours ago, it's entirely based on the size of individual waves, and the total number of pre-order keys. It could be that they're planning a wave every other hour for the next 48, at 100k apiece. It could be that they'll do what they did today, and give us five waves of say 250k per day.

Bioware has an estimated max of 5M, with a substantial percentage of that having been 7/21 orders (estimates vary between 25 and 50%), and they've certainly moved beyond that date. Most likely scenario is that they're going to add a wave, wait for the pain, and when the pain subsides, start all over again. They have a limited interest in keeping you out of game, and they'll get you in as fast as they feel safe with.

If I get to play this weekend, I'll be just fine with it. If not, oh well. Better this than the alternative (WoW Vanilla/BC launch)

the numbers are legit US hard copy pre orders, i bet its 35% ish of the tottal, however this has no effect really, since the % should stay within 15 points you would think.

anyone else regretting the late pre order? lol how could i have been soo stupid... /cry

yeah first time pre-ordering a game/mmo in my life didnt know the whole system of (earlier u redeem ur code the faster u get an early access) , redeemed mine around dec 8th so probably getting in on the 19th .... 1 day early access ? thinkin if it was worth it lol :rolleyes:

yeah first time pre-ordering a game/mmo in my life didnt know the whole system of (earlier u redeem ur code the faster u get an early access) , redeemed mine around dec 8th so probably getting in on the 19th .... 1 day early access ? thinkin if it was worth it lol :rolleyes:

one day is better then no day's? right? If no servers crash do to the load then this whole ordeal was a massive success!

i pre-ordered early december, so i expect to log in on dec 20th, lol

Omg and your not ready to /emoquit? you should have had access the day you pre ordered... and free epics... everyone loves free epics.. i mean you paid monies and stuff right..?

Omg and your not ready to /emoquit? you should have had access the day you pre ordered... and free epics... everyone loves free epics.. i mean you paid monies and stuff right..?

i yea, i guess i forgot to be a lamb and rage, lol

Darn tht BW for making sure the servers are stable for launch, DARN THEM!!!

the numbers are legit US hard copy pre orders, i bet its 35% ish of the tottal, however this has no effect really, since the % should stay within 15 points you would think.

The estimates are that as many as eighty percent of the current pre-order population ordered through Origin. Without knowing the total number of accounts, we have no way to know.

None.

We can make estimates based in part of what we've read, and that's pretty much all. Yes, the numbers that VG assembled are likely fairly accurate, but we don't know the rest of the equation. Fifteen percent is probably extremely low.