The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Darth Sidious vs Prodigal Knights

Beniboybling

ROTJ Darth Sidious vs Hero of Tython, ROTJ Luke, Anakin Skywalker & Jedi Exile

Battleground: Death Star Throne Room

Darth Sidious is confronted by someone of the greatest Jedi Knights in history, does he survive?

NOTE: Please provide reasoning for you're opinion to spark some argument, no one word answers.

Edited by Beniboybling

does he survive?

Hell yeah. This team is noticebly more powerful, but not a lot more skilled than the team who went after RotS Sidious. But Sidious is more powerful as well.

The hardest thing to deal with for the team is Sidious' speed. HoT is (until proven otherwise) likely not faster than Fisto, so he'll be almost blitzed. The rest of them can likely last a while, but they still have to cope with his lightning. RotS Sidious' lightning was banding sabers, it knocked Yoda unconscious, and slaped his saber out of his hand.

If not for Mace's amp and shatterpoint RotS Sidious would've stomped. So even if this team puts up a better fight, they'll still lose.

HoT is (until proven otherwise) likely not faster than Fisto, so he'll be almost blitzed..
I respectfully disagree. :jawa_mad:

He's speedblitzed Sith Warriors strong enough to beat a Jedi Council member:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/3907262-7959745914-nU1CB.gif

I find it unlikely that Kit Fisto could pull of such a feat. He's a least Windu level.

Humor me then.

Alongside Mace Windu, with whom he served on the Jedi Council, Yoda was the most respected and most powerful Master ever to have walked the corridors of the Jedi Temple.

—Star Wars Fact Files

That quotes places Windu above such jedi as Yaddle, Shaak Ti, Kenobi, Jedi Dooku, Fay. HoT doesn't compare.

Edited by cs_zoltan

Alongside Mace Windu, with whom he served on the Jedi Council, Yoda was the most respected and most powerful Master ever to have walked the corridors of the Jedi Temple.

—Star Wars Fact Files

That quotes places Windu above such jedi as Yaddle, Shaak Ti, Kenobi, Jedi Dooku, Fay. HoT doesn't compare.

Sure, but that still leaves room for the Hero of Tython to be in his league.

And for the record it doesn't apply to Jedi Dooku, who has repeatedly been described as the Order's greatest student, no doubt the contexts of this quote refer to after Dooku left the Order.

Bar Dooku, is hardly unreasonable to place the HoT above these individuals.

Though frankly I'm becoming disinclined to treat accolades as authoritative on characters created after them, if their accolades and feats don't stack up.

Edited by Beniboybling

And for the record it doesn't apply to Jedi Dooku, who has repeatedly been described as the Order's greatest student, no doubt the contexts of this quote refer to after Dooku left the Order.

Yeah because Windu didn't get more powerful for the following 13 years, of which he spent 3 years in the biggest war the Republic has ever seen.

Prime Windu > Jedi Dooku. People should start to deal with it.

Yeah because Windu didn't get more powerful for the following 13 years, of which he spent 3 years in the biggest war the Republic has ever seen.

Prime Windu > Jedi Dooku. People should start to deal with it.

Dooku was described as the Order's greatest student well into the Clone Wars. Edited by Beniboybling

Meh, Yoda described Dooku as the best student the Order had produced well into the Clone Wars.

And he also claimed Mace being Sith Dooku's equal, so...

Anyway let's drop this, I'm really not in a mood for another Dooku vs Windu discussion.

Edited by cs_zoltan

And he also claimed Mace being Sith Dooku's equal, so...

Anyway let's drop this, I'm really not in a mood for another Dooku vs Windu discussion.

Well to bring it back to the point, you don't have to be as powerful as someone to be in their league. So again even if the HoT isn't as powerful as Windu, I think there is grounds for putting him in his league, or rather notably above Fisto.

Well to bring it back to the point, you don't have to be as powerful as someone to be in their league. So again even if the HoT isn't as powerful as Windu, I think there is grounds for putting him in his league, or rather notably above Fisto.

My point still stands. While this team is superior to the one sent after RotS Sidious, Sidious is more powerful as well. Not to mention that duel was almost a stomp, so this team would have to eclipse them to get a majority. They don't eclipse them.