The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Darth Maul vs Lumiya

Beniboybling

SOD Maul vs Prime Lumiya

Battleground: Sundari Palace Throne Room

Bonus Round: Maul gets Savage Opress as backup

Lumiya confronts Maul in his throne room, all have full use of their abilities and weapons. Who wins?

NOTE: Please provide reasoning for you're opinion to spark some argument, no one word answers.

To me, it mostly hinges on this:

In Darth Mauls extensive martial training, did he ever learn much about Ligthwhips? The answer to that could very well decide who wins, considering that they are both very skilled in their own rights. If Maul knows a bit about the whip however, I believe that his martial skills are superior and may be able to force a victory through exploitation of Lumiya's weapon's weaknesses. If not, I could see Lumiya taking it with superior usage of the force.

To me, it mostly hinges on this:

In Darth Mauls extensive martial training, did he ever learn much about Ligthwhips? The answer to that could very well decide who wins, considering that they are both very skilled in their own rights. If Maul knows a bit about the whip however, I believe that his martial skills are superior and may be able to force a victory through exploitation of Lumiya's weapon's weaknesses. If not, I could see Lumiya taking it with superior usage of the force.

I don't think lightwhip would be his problem, more likely her potent illusions.

Maul is a good enough duelist, as well as experienced, to not be fazed by it. He's also likely superior to her in every other way.

Lumiya has 1 trump card. Not sure how effective it would be though, because I'm not an expert on her.

SOD Maul vs Prime Lumiya

Battleground: Sundari Palace Throne Room

Bonus Round: Maul gets Savage Opress as backup

Lumiya confronts Maul in his throne room, all have full use of their abilities and weapons. Who wins?

NOTE: Please provide reasoning for you're opinion to spark some argument, no one word answers.

At least make it look like you haven't already decided, Beni :p

Agreed with Silenceo, except I'd lean his argument even further towards Maul. In my opinion, Maul is considerably more skilled than Lumiya is, her LightWhip is her greatest advantage by far. I struggle to believe that in all of Maul's martial training (which was basically his life) he didn't encounter something similar. Especially given the fact he is of Dathomiri descent, this seems right up his alley.

I think sans the element of surprise and the advantage her whip gives her, Lumiya takes it.

At least make it look like you haven't already decided, Beni :p
Lol, just in case. :p
I think sans the element of surprise and the advantage her whip gives her, Lumiya takes it.
I assume you meant Maul. :jawa_wink:

Altogether though I agree with what folks have said, and even if Maul hasn't encountered a lightwhip, he has a profound and extensive knowledge of martial arts, a wealth of combat experience, and was extremely adaptable.

That said, may make a case for Lumiya to stir up some debate.